I asked my friend on a date and responded with "sure" via text. So what's that about?!

i asked my friend on a date and responded with "sure" via text. so what's that about?!

we've had sex before...

okay, sex was a drunken onetime friend hook up. we're good friends... we planned a date in Easter but he had to work I heard he was really excited about it.. well we had time this summer to hangout again and we went camping.. everything seems awesome and cool and I talked about dating and the FWB thing wouldn't work because someone would get attached... I kind of like him.. he knows that. I asked him on a date basically saying hey lets go on a date...do you like texas roadhouse? my treat" and I want
go to lemon lake... he replies with "sure." and I replied never mind... I want you to want to go (mind you I was a little intoxicated) and he says I said okay. that was it... the end of it.

Most Helpful Guy

• Actually, now that I think of it, he probably doesn't think that "dating" is such a big deal now that you already had sex. You're past all the formalities anyways, so he probably thinks that you want to hang out.

• i updated.

• still just friends :/

• Well, I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully, you'll find the right person some time soon.

What Guys Said 5

• How explicit were you about it being a date? Is there a chance that he might have interpreted it as you just wanting to hang out?

• I said, "hey! lets go on a date! Texas roadhouse, my treat."

• i updated it.. lol read.

• sure he wants to go on a date with you...

• couldnt he had been a little more excited? I feel like he couldn't say no... just sure... not yeah that sounds great!

• He wants to go I think he's just not trying to make a big deal out of it and sound "cool."

• Did you miss the part where she said "we've had sex before..." I think that they're past being "cool" about it.

I think that I would go with "BeerMe" on this one. This guy probably thinks that they're past the dating stage.

• i updated it.. and I don't know. I'm the first person he's slept with in over a year... so idk!?

• Lol I saw that. Well hopefully he actually likes you and it can be more than justt one time sex for your sake. Good luck.

• Sounds a bit unenthusiastic.

• exactly! I'm crushed!

• Aw well I'm sorry :( But hey, I'd still go. Maybe it will be alright and if not then it's not meant to be and that's okay too.

• Not much to go on there. Could you give more detail?

• i updated it for more detail.

What Girls Said 1

• you are confusing him. He doesn't know what you want. You want a date with him so what's that mean? where will it go from there?