Started hanging out with a guy?

so I've met this guy twice that a friend tried to set me up with...just at his house for chit chat nothing happened not even a kiss just a hug...and we have been texting I've made it clear I'm not gonna sleep with hm and he seems to respect tht...but I'm confused...he said we've been on two dates already lookng foward to the third which is going out for drinks...but we've just been at his house chatting, maybe I'm blonde...does tht count as dates then?x

Most Helpful Guy

• He'd like to think so, but here's the simple rule.

If he asked you out, and you went out with him, then it's a date.

If you're just over at his house for a chat a some drinks... that's not a date.

If that was a date, it would be a very very cheap date, and if I tried that with a girl, I don't think I'd get a second date.

And a second date of just sitting at my house? I'd be lucky to make it through the "date" without a drink in my face.

I think this guy is pushing his luck. He might be too chicken to actually ask you out, and is trying to cut some corners so he avoid the possibility of rejection or something.

What Guys Said 2

• i think he's counting those as dates. Doesn't sound as if he is really convinced that with a little alcohol, you can't change your mind!

• its another date from what I can tell

What Girls Said 2

• In my opinion, I don't think it counts as dates. If he taking me on a date where going outside in a public. Have you ask him instead hanging out at your house can you and I go out to dinner or a movie or go out to a lounge and have drinks? See what he says on that. If he does'nt want to or has an excuse, the choice is yours on whether you want to still hang at house or see other people.

• i would count it as a date