When dating a quiet guy?

I've been seeing this guy for a while. He's quite a quiet guy in person and he admitted to me when we first started going out that he was really nervous and shy. But said that things would get better. I really like him and I was nervous too so could relate.

We are now going into double figures date number wise, and there are still a few silences. I think he just is genuinely a quiet guy, but the thing is that I am rather quiet too, and I am used to being the quieter person whether it is in relationships, friendships or whatever. But with him, I find that I waffle on and feel like I do it too much, to avoid the silence and feel like I'm annoying.

Is it normal to still have silences when you've been dating a while? Things seem to be going well, meeting each other friends, parents etc. I've never really been with a quiet guy before so this is all new to me. I really like him, any tips as to what to do?

He tries to talk to me, but just doesn't really say a lot. That's got to be a good sign, right? he seems to try to talk more as things have progressed, and when we do get into a proper conversation, it does flow well. But when it does, it feels awkward, at least for me. Its as though the chemistry comes in spurts rather than constant and full on.

Should I still go with it if I really like him, or is this a sign that its not working? help, thanks!

btw we both are aware that we like each other, we have told each other

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• i'm of the opinion that you should always stick with something if you think it's worth it and it makes you happy. I would tell you to give him a chance, its not necessarily a bad thing, maybe he actually is even more shy than you are. you already said that it seems like he's trying more and that's definitely a good sign. I can't really say whether or not that's normal, because every relationship is different, but I wouldn't worry about it too much. =)