If a guy says that he is not ready to commit to a relationship with you yet would you stay with him?

Basically if you were dating a guy for like a year and feelings are mutual but the guy says that he is not ready to be your boyfriend yet will you still continue to be intimate with him, or just let it all go?

• Yes
  • Yes, but start dating other guys
  • Definitely No, why waste time
  • Undecided (Please explain why??)

Most Helpful Girl

• Well depends on how well the both of you get along and whether there is trust, if you really care its best not to push that, for some reason men get frightened when there are official labels to these things. if you love him and he loves you, just continue to enjoy his company. You can give yourself a time limit, and bring it up again later down the track after all its only a year. Then if he still doesn't want to, then consider moving on.

• I trust him and I know that he is not with anyone else but me. I know that titles seem to wreck a stiuation..i don't know why though..i just want something more official, I feel like I'm on a string and I'm usually pretty good with these situations but I love him a lot .Ive dated other guys in the process but they all screwed me over somehow..Im really open about everything that I do, could that be a problem?? if he has only been with me but I've gone on dates with others??

• I guess the only way to find out hun, is to ask him if it bothers him. I know exactly how you feel, but have recognised that its best to back off a little as the more then back off and the more we come after them, they end up running away. Good luck hun.

What Guys Said 1

• Just because the guy won't commit just yet after that short period of time why throw it all away.Your heating it up for someone else to jump on it.you don't want that to happen do you?

What Girls Said 7

• I would have to let it all go. Life is too short for me to waste time waiting on him to figure out what he really wants. Though as I answer this, I don't know what your mutual feelings are. Do you love him? Just like spending time with him? Do you want to date other men or is this the man for you?

If it has anything to do would love - my advice to you would be to let it go. Why would you want to torture yourself being with a guy that could potentially be with other women?

• Yes I love him and he is like my bestfriend..i like being around him, he always keeps me smiling but it's just that, I want a relationship and he feels he is not ready for a relationship becasue of his living situation, job and he has kids..He is also eight years older than me..He says that he hardly has time for me now and it would not be fair because he can't give me everything that I want right now. I have been dating other men but it never works out between any of them.

• if you had said a couple months I would've said yes. but a year? waste of time. he's not as invested as you are.

• I would stay but it would be open and he couldn't get upset if I went on a date with another guy. But if he started having more of a realtionship with other girls than he had with me I would break it off all together.

• I voted undecided. The reason why is because it depends on his personality and if he treats me really good and respectful. If that is the case I would stick around and be that 'friend' he wants me to be but I wouldn't let him get any further than that. That means no booty, no making out, none of that lovey-dovey boyfriend/girlfriend stuff that people do. If he can't handle that either then I would leave him be and move on. But while I am talking to this simple man that doesn't want to commit, I will be spending a lot of my energy on other men that would be willing to commit. DO NOT TRY TO CHANGE A MAN LIKE THIS. If the man says he doesn't want to commit, then don't try and make him.

• my answer is as simple as its gonna get although many may not agree: HELL NO!

• I wouldn't keep f***ing somebody that is not going to commit to me. Why would I basically allow myself to be hurt by someone who sees me as an option like I'm his girl Friday? We can be cool and I wouldn't turn down a date from him but he is not going to have my body and be intimate with me if he doesn't fully want to commit to me. And I would be looking at other guys too.

• So I think until you have a ring on your finger you are free to date other people guilt free. If he doesn't want to commit do you? Like really? If you like him stick around but start looking around, take a tip from the stock market and diversify:)