Am I his rebound girl?

I just started hooking up with this guy that broke up with his girlfriend of two years a month ago. Am I his rebound? How long does someone need to be broken up before its not a rebound?

Most Helpful Guy

• It all up to the person on how long it take to get over a brake up in some cases not long and in some a long long time you may or may not be his rebound girl if you are his rebound girl it won,t last ever long and if not you won,t know tell it happens but gut keep your grad up and try to look a it as just a hook up for now and if this is not what you what then just stop seeing him or try asking him what he has in mind with this and wear he thinks this is going is it F W B or dose he real what to start some thing new with you and leave the past and move on with you

What Guys Said 2

• ... I'm not sure. It's quite possible, but I know in my own experience, the girl I had just became friends with after I broke up with my Girlfriend has recently become the girl I want to spend my future with and it's been.. three or four months now, even though we were friends during the whole break-up..

• three or four months since you broke up with the other girl or since youve been together with this one

• Since I broke up, and I just asked her out. ^-^ We were just good friends before and kinda assumed there was more, but I almost lost her. =D but I saved myself. lol

• Really depends on the relationship I guess...

I'm dating someone who I hooked up with a week after I broke it off with my first "love" but I never really saw her as rebound, more so a distraction from the heartbreak

• this sounds like the exact same thing my ex boyfriend is doing. I was his first love, he broke up with me after two years kind of randomly even though I am like 99% he is still in love with me and is just stupid and then started dating someone roughly a week and a half later. How long do these kinds of relationships usually last and how do you feel about the girl you sort of rebounded with? You experienced heartbreak even though you broke up with her?

What Girls Said 2

• a month after a 2 year relationship, that does seem a bit soon

• If you google rebound relationships it basically says that the person will stay with there rebound until they are completely over there ex, and then break up with the rebound (which makes some sense) - if you have doubts that your a rebound then you probably are. Also there is no amount of time you can give someone to get over another person, I've taken over a year to get over someone. Also ask your self... does he just like having someone there or does he like having YOU there. - completely different things. Sorry to be harsh but it's better than giving false hope - although I do wish the best for you!