Guys think I'm ugly and it hurts, advice?

i am a young woman in high school I have a really good body and I always think of my face as ok..but I've seen conversations between guys and they call me ugly all the time. all I can do is cry cause I can't change anything I don't know what to do

Most Helpful Girl

• When I was growing up boys were so mean to me. In elementary school I specifically remember one boy saying, "Do you even realize how ugly you are?"

I remember I just accepted I was ugly at that point.

Then when I was in high school I would hear mixed things...some boys seemed to really like me and thought I was pretty and then there were ugly, insecure boys who bullied me and told me how I was fat, ugly, stupid, and flat chested.

For some reason, it's so much easier to accept the negative things said about us. I probably got 50 compliments for every hurtful thing ever said to me, but I never remember the compliments...just the mean things.

Regardless, it's funny to see how life works out. The boys who picked on me are dead-beats and all overweight/unattractive, but I blossomed. I still feel insecure about things and there's not a day that goes by that I don't think about what they said to me, but at least once a day now someone will tell me I'm beautiful and I'm working on accepting those comments as truths.

Basically, don't worry about what the mean people say because 100% of the time...those type of comments are made by insecure, sad people. Work on believing and embracing the truth that YOU ARE beautiful and most of all...don't let anyone steal your happiness. They are not deserving of your time, or energy, and definitely not worth depriving your happiness.

PS ...Karma will get them eventually = )

What Guys Said 7

• Man guys can be such jerks. I don't even tolerate guys talking about how hot that "chicks rack" was. That "chick" usually has a name (unless it goes against her religion =P) but I'm serious if I started hitting on a girl in such a manner a girl whom I refer to as mother would be Hitting me with a wooden spoon. All jokes aside bullies feed off of the negative emotion of others making themselves both bigger and hungrier. Its like eating fat. It sounds like by now the amounts they've been feasting off of have caused them trouble getting through the front door. I'm sure their loving mother lavishes the door with Vaseline every morning to help them with their generous...ness...

Every pretty lady deserves respect and every lady is a pretty one. One of the most important ways to beat a bully is to show the bully how it's efforts have been wasted by showing you don't care. Not only does this present yourself as a far more sophisticated person than what they will ever be but it also frustrates the bully that his attempts aren't working. Although I understand it's easier said than done so when they start bullying you just think about how fat they are. Don't get me wrong I love fat people. But when a fat jerk is being a fat jerk I find much harder to take them seriously.

• hey lady,don't get upset.Because who say so,they can never be good,sincere and honest people for any type of relationship.So don't care about them

You have to always remember that you are the person who have unique voice,unique face,unique lines of palm and also unique thoughts.One day when you go out of this world, no one will come to you .Time get pass quickly but your thoughts and yours tasks will remain with you always.

So feel proud of yourself, never care about that person who don't care about you.Be bold and daring.

and think just about yourself

BYE

• A lot of fat chicks have good faces I bet they'd rather be in your position lol but who cares what people think I don't know many other people like this but I NEVER get mad or upset about things I can't control there is simply NO reason it doesn't help anything. But your a girl and I understand that you might be upset by that, all you can really do is not let it effect you, I think paris hilton is ugly but I highly dount she'd care about what I thought, so get her attitude lol not personality, attitude.

• You can't change anything but just because some people think you're unattractive doesn't mean you're universally ugly. Remember beauty is in the eye of the beholder and when the time is right you'll have someone or probably even many people throughout time to make you feel attractive.

• well I cannot offer an opinion as you did not post a pic...but...given the choice of pretty and obese or plain & slender...I would choose some that was plain & slender & beautiful on the inside...I have friends that would choose the opposite...that is not illegal tho...is called preference

• I bet your not ugly...

• dpn't worry about because its just their opoion

What Girls Said 6

• Forget about them! I know easier said than done...right? But seriously you shouldn't let them have the satisfaction of knowing they upset u. Some people are just stupid and say stuff to hear themselves talk. Everyone has days when they don't feel the prettiest or whatever. But sometimes believing in yourself and smiling in public even when you're feeling sad can work wonders! Don't lose hope...life's too short to dwell on these things. When you're older, you'll be like "wow, I can't believe I ever thought there was something wrong with me then." You know? Cheer up! =)

• dont pay attention to anything the say when I was in h.s guys used to tease me and call me ugly too. Once I even had a guy call me ugly to my face on a day I thought I actually looked cute. now I got guys lined up around the corner calling me gourgeous and some of those mean boys even try to talk to me.

Dont let them get you down I bet your a beautiful girl those boys are just too dumb to see it. Keep your head up and don't let them get to you.

• Maybe u'll grow into a beautiful lady..have you seen some movie stars in their hs years not all looked as great as they do now.also they wear makeup and get their hair done..some guys care about girls bodies more than face

• those types of conversations are really popular in high school, but it's usually because the guy or girl their talking about is ugly on the inside(a bitch or an a**hole). you can look like megan fox on the outside but if you're ugly on the inside most people will say you're ugly.

maybe you should take a serious look at yourself from the inside and asses what you may be doing to appear as a bitch to other people...

• Oh god, I've been there. If you changed everything about yourself to be exactly what those guys wanted, they'd still just call you vapid or a slut for doing it. Why would you want to change yourself just for someone that has no problem talking behind your back, anyway? They're not going to be happy, they're not looking to be happy, they're just looking to make themselves feel better about how pathetic they are by making fun of someone. Think about what kind of person needs to say that about someone in the first place.

I was called ugly all of elementary school up to high school. People would literally point at me and say ew. Lately, now that I've "blossomed", I get cat-calls and compliments constantly. Turns out there are a few guys that loved me for who I was even before that. I know I'm not special, either, so just give it time. Experiment with how you look until you find something you like and do whatever makes you happy, because no matter what it is, someone's going to find a reason to make fun of it. And they don't matter, you do. It's your life. Don't waste time on them.

• dont pay attention stay strong girl your not the only one your wonderful just the way you are someone who is true will see that just got to be patient