Does being apart really make the heart grow fonder?

Have any of experienced this? I am about to. Itll be for 2 years with 5 time visits ill also visit once a year. But he will be in a different country. We both cried but he said we will take it one step @ a time what does that mean? Were not dating but have become very close with each other and have developed feelings for one another. Do I wait it out? Do you think he will? We already talked about continuing where we left off when he comes back for good. We talked about the ways we will communicate so we font lose touch. And will continue to have sex when he and I see eachother. So what would be best and what does he mean by what he said please let me know he's hard to read sometimes.

Most Helpful Guy

• I have done this the opposite I guess. I met my girlfriend online in 2004 (she lives in Canada, me in New Zealand), went on a vacation mid-2006 and was able to meet her in person for a couple days (the vacation was 2 bus tours that lasted for a couple weeks each so it was in between those that I went to see her) and we got along just as well 'for real' as we did online. I then applied for a working holiday visa this year which now means that we'll have 2 years of being a lot closer to each other.

From this experience (prior to me moving here of course), I can tell you for a fact that it is hard.not seeing them smile, cuddling on the couch, that kind of thing. Email and instant messaging is great to keep in touch but it's also very difficult to portray your true feelings in words (or maybe that's just me *laugh*) but the hard work we put into it is currently making the time we are together that much more special :)

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• I think you guys should keep in touch like that because if you guys still have feeling for each other it should work out no mater what. It could work I no by experience iv been with my boyfriend for 3 months and we are very happily in love and he lives in Miami and I live in Georgia and he comes to see me when he can. But I really think you guys can make it together you sound like you really like him. Just try it out. Hope for the best

• I think in a way it does, but at the same time it depends on the people and situation