Is it true that guys think hiking is a bad date?

I read an article online about dates that men don't want to go on, and hiking was one of them. I'm really surprised by that finding. Many male friends that I know enjoy hiking, so what about the activity makes it bad for a date?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, it all depends on the hike. Do you want to be all sweaty and not being able to talk to the guy on the hike? However, it could be super cool if you packed in somewhere and had a picnic on top of a mountain or a hill and admired the view and ate at the top!

I agree with Praisebear - not the first date, but maybe a bit into the relationship.

And, hikes are actually on my list of future dates with my future woman. As are long walks...not just on the beach, but in the woods and mountains. :D

What Guys Said 6

• I think most guys would agree that hiking could be an awesome date. Keep in mind though, that (especially on like a first date) we want to be at our best and if will probably wear something inappropriate for hiking, even if we know that's the date, because we want to look good. Nobody wants to smell bad or get their clothes dirty on the first date so that's probably why some guys wouldn't want to. After a few dates though when you are comfortable... absolutely

• No, hiking is not a bad date. It's not a good first date, but after you've developed a friendship and agree that the location is suitable for the experience, then it would be a great time alone in nature.

• I disagree completely. lol

I think hiking is a GREAT date! =)

• If I could find a woman who liked hiking with me, I may have to reconsider my stance against marriage.

• Hiking is a wonderful date. But for a first date, doing anything strenuous might be too difficult. Plus when you're hiking, it makes that fake "emergency phone call" much more difficult.

• Not sure why they'd say that... I think hiking would be a good date...

What Girls Said 2

• only if he is out of shape is it a bad date.

• Dont know about them but I'd think it would be cool