Would you date a guy that's overweight?

According to the body mass index I think it's obese, but that's dumb because it's only 0.5 in that range.

Right now I'm 5'8 and 300-325lbs. I have a goal of 200lbs. Would you date that guy or no? Does it make a difference knowing he lost a lot of weight recently?

This is for the 200 weight only by the way. I know girls won't do 300.

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 11

• Of course I would :D

It wouldn't bother me in the slightest if my guy was slightly overweight, I'd actually prefer it to him being as skinny as hell.

It would make a difference to me knowing he'd lost a lot of weight recently, it would show that he's got determination to be fitter and healthier :D (Keep up the good work by the way ;)

I've never judged a man by his weight only by the size of his ego.

• I was in this exact situation awhile ago. He was a long time friend of mine and he battled weight his whole life. But, I got to know him over the years and I always liked him very much. The weight never even bothered me. He had gastric bypass surgery and lost a LOT of weight. In fact, he lost so much I barely recognized him! The only reason we didn't date was, because he finally decided to tell me he liked me when I got out of a long term relationship. I was really heart broken and hurt. I didn't want to use him as a rebound or hurt him in any way. He understood but was a little let down.

• Aww lame. You should have! lol He should have waited longer though. Unless he did wait over a month after the relationship. Did you at least let him know you liked him? I'm sure that would just be the greatest thing he's ever heard. I would love to hear that. I have too much focus on wanting a girl though. If it wasn't for girls, I don't think I'd even bother.

• Ah. I think I would have waited knowing the miracle of a girl liking me exists. I assume he found someone then?

• Yes, he started dating a girl he met. He eventually married her but the marriage is on the rocks. His wife doesn't appreciate him at all. He is very unhappy and I have seen it so has his mom.

• You mean like, literally overweight? Calculated by the BMI thingy? That'd be fine. According to that thing both me and my boyfriend are overweight, aha. But I wouldn't date anyone that's floating around the 300 lbs range. I think at that level the weight would affect how attracted I was to the guy.

• I didn't ask for the 300 though. Just to make that clear. I don't mean according to bmi either, but it's obvious at 5'8" a guy shouldn't be 200. He should be like 160.

• Good luck with the weight loss, Snacky! :)

• Thanks.

• Well yea, I have. My only issue with it is him trying to be healthy. If the guy is eating things that I feel are extremely unhealthy (like a bacon cheeseburger for breakfast everyday) then I would wonder why he didn't care enough about himself to be healthy but other than that I wouldn't.

• lol Well the guy did lose 100lbs in this scenario.

• I doesn't make difference knowing you lost weight because we are in the presence. Me personally wouldn't date you.

• So, you don't look at that huge accomplishment at all? What if it's a guy you knew for awhile? That's more of what I meant anyway. I'm not gonna go "Hey I lost 100lbs in the past year. Wanna go out out?" lol

• yes, Its a huge accomplishment, even if I knew you for a while I would prefer a slim person but if your personallitt is cool, your smooth and your confident then I can date because then your showing me that your more then a little overweight.

• To be completely honest, I wouldn't know :) I will know when it really happens.

• if he was trying to be healthy sure

• I've only ever dated overweight guys.

• probalby not if I'm being completely honest with you

• Honestly no. First, I would not be able to have sex with someone I am not attracted to and secondly, I would constantly be worried about his health.

If he finally got to a healthy weight which is totally possible expecially considering you have made such huge strides in getting healthy already then yes but not until then.

• How do you know they wouldn't be attractive and unhealthy? I'm never sick or had any health issues as I am now.

• Because I am not attracted to guys who are overweight so I know I would not be attracted and even though you are not obese just being overweight causes health problems, even if you are not seeing them yet. Unfortunately, the process of losing weight does lower your immune system temporarily but you will start to feel better eventually. This is a recent discovery so not many people know this.

• You said they. I can't speak for other girls I can only speak for myself.

• 5'8 300 hell no.

5'8 200 MAYBE depending on how he looks and carries it. if he is sloppy fat like jack black, no. if he's got a football player build and has muscle tone, maybe if he's cute.

it doesn't matter if he's recently lost weight, all I can go by is how he looks NOW. it is a huge accomplishment and good for him, but I still may not be attracted to him.

• lol If I was like Jack Black at 200 I would have to continue losing weight. I'm told I don't look 300 now so I really hope that I don't look bad after 100lbs lost.

What Guys Said 3

• To be frank with you homie...

...i'm ~5'10", 320lbs. In my profile pic (it was taken last week), I am on the right.

In the most respectable way possible...I don't have a problem attracting women. :)

• lol That picture alone I can tell you have confidence. I'm sure I could to if I had some, but I never will at this weight.

• if you're 300 in your picture then you sure don't look like it

• Lost any weight since you starte exercising?

• No I need new shoes. Which I will be getting very soon if my mom's second damage estimate on her car is cheaper. That's what I get for only having skate shoes. :|

• lol I do not want to f*** up my feet or something. The pain is unbearable. It's not a sh*tty excuse for once.

• It is a sh*tty one. You aren't going to f*** your feet up lol. Just get up, get out there, and do work son!