• Ask
  • myTake

Why does she text me randomly but not keep the convo going?

A girl that I like she lives several states away now. I knew her before but hadn't seen her in years. We met up and hit it off but she was moving.... Show More

Some other background is that I have always found her hard to read on the phone. Before she moved whenever we'd have great talks on the phone but just good conversation, nothing that said "wow she likes me" which always made me nervous about how she felt. But then when we'd meet up it was always great, she was affectionate and we clicked. So even when I had facts that she liked me I never got good reads from phone talks. So it makes it hard to know what she's feeling since its the same feel.

What Girls Said 1

• Stop texting and start seeing her in person. Can you skype or go visit her? Or better yet, pick up the phone and call her. Texting is so impersonal and like you said you can't gauge her intentions and how well the conversations are going.

• I said that I called her a couple of days ago and talked for an hour and a half. Even on the phone its hard to tell. Even when she was here and we were romantically involved I never got great vibes on the phone but when we'd meet up it was always great. So even on the phone she is very middle of the road. I just wonder why she texts me? Is it because she's bored? If so why text me and not someone else? I don't know how fast emotions change. I guess its good she contacts me but I don't know.

What Guys Said 1

• Texting gets kind of boring dude. Call her and perhaps the conversation may last longer......just remember, she's several states away. She will hook up with someone else.

• I called her a couple of days ago and did talk for an hour and half. I will probably try tomorrow. I am just wondering about why she texts me random stuff. Is that good or is it nothing? I don't know how she feels. Before her move she was def into me, but we left things hanging when she moved. Contact has kept up but I don't know if I should do or say something to make it more evident that I want to be more than a friend. At least then I put my cards on the table instead of just waiting around.

• Show Older
    • Any ideas on how do bring it up without it blindsiding her or seeming way out of left field. I don't want to freak her out. Is there a subtle calm way to handle this so it isn't so awkward?

• Well, if you're still quite unsure I'd wait for any sign other than her cookin food for you...then proceed to lay your cards on the table.