Guys, would you really not date a bigger girl?

I mean, I wouldn't consider myself fat but I am not skinny and I fell like I have no chance with anyone, I've never had a boyfriend and I'm 20 years old. Do I need to lose weight to be with somebody? I know there are several girls out there that are 20 and have never been with anyone but there are way more that have had several boyfriends and I just and really hoping that it's not because of my size. I would say I'm pretty funny and I am definitely not ugly but I seriously don't know what I'm doing wrong. I feel like I have a sign on that says don't date me.

Most Helpful Girl

• Sweet pea, its all in the confidence! You are young, and every woman in their early twenties feels insecure...skinny or larger...but from someone that was skinny then, to someone who is curvy now, I get more attention, because I'm more con=fident in myself..I have more "life" under my belt! Ever walked out the gym after a great workout, and you feel great, but you don't look the way you walked in? And noticed the men staring?! Its the confidence yo exude! It takes time to feel and know that! So, your sign that says don't date me, is the one that you put up when you avoid eye contact with men and walk without sass. you are 20, honey, work it! Gravity and metabolism are on your side! :) You will be ok..Just love your body, and you'll find someone else to love it! That's the only thing you are doing wrong! My guy friend said to me, when I was having an insecure moment, every woman possesses their own sexiness...its true!Work it!

What Guys Said 7

• i've seen lots of girls who looked absolutely gorgeous even though they were 30-40 lbs overweight. I don't think I would have any problems with dating one of these girls. However as we got more serious I would worry more about the health implications involved because I've decided that I do not want to marry a woman who I will have to take care of like I do with my mother now who has very poor health and cannot live independently due to the fact that she was obese and a smoker most of her life. She's only 57 years old but based on her extremely poor health she will be lucky to live beyond another 10 years, and her life now is miserable.

I can not and will not find myself with someone else like that.

• If your BMI indicates you're over 25 and you're not athletic as in play a sport, then you are biologically fat.

On to your question, you aren't looking in the right places. There's a ton of single guys who would go for you if you were less shy and made it clear they have a shot.

The reason "skinny" girls get more boyfriends is because those boyfriends fit their persona, they are both infatuated with themselves and image.

Other people, as in regulars, are more shy because many people have self confidence issues about how deserving they are to date. You just need to get in a rhythm.

• If you would put effort in yourself yes you might get more attention. There are A LOT of guys out there that prefer "bigger" girls, trust me.

A lot of times, it's not how she looks but how she behaves with a guy/people in general that puts us off.

• Sexy comes in all shapes, sizes and shades. Further, I wouldn't choose a potential mate solely on physical attributes.

• As long as you are not a heavyset then it's all good.

What I mean by heavyset is Monqiue or even bigger, the woman that played Precious.

• f*** no

• If you have a pretty face and aren't a whale, you've passed by physical requirements and you're on to the next test.

What Girls Said 3

• My boyfriend is dating a "bigger girl" ;p

• gir, I'm 22 years old. never had a boyfriend, dated a few guys but nothing serious. I also don't know if I'm doing someting wrong because I'm pretty and got brains. So I don't think you should loose weight. its not about that. most guys I know like curves

• Weight can effect whether or not people are interested in you, since some people have preferences when it comes to the weight of their partner, or are not attracted to people of certain sizes. But some people are attracted to bigger girls, or some don't have a preference when it comes to weight.

I know girls who are 300 lbs+ who have boyfriends, and if you wouldn't even consider yourself fat, then I'm pretty sure your weight isn't the problem.