What does it mean when a guy jokes about kissing you?

there is this guy that I see every Sunday that works as a security guard at this bar. we've become really good friends. when he gets off of work we'll play pool or just sit and talk. lately he has been joking about doing physical things with me... but see I don't know if he's just joking. he is a really sweet guy and seems to look at me or "check me out" as my friends say sometimes. well last Sunday I told him I couldn't kiss guys who smoke cigarettes because I'm allergic and it will irritate my lips. he said "aww I guess I'm sh*t outta luck then." and I said "oooh I would make an acception for you." he kinda smiled and did a goofy dance and said "i'm acceptional!" with two thumbs up. he's said some other (dirtier) things to me in the past but is this flirting because he is interested or is he just joking around? I feel I should mention that when he says these things I play along like its a flirty game. he is 29 and I'm 21. help please. I really do like this guy and I want to know what it means when guys joke around about kissing a girl. he also seems little emotionally detached. he's not a hugger but he said he hugs me so that's a good thing. :0

Most Helpful Girl

• Look at it this way, would you flirt with a guy and make it seem like you want to kiss him if you didn't? It sounds like he's interested. I think you should continue to flirt with him and see where it goes.

• lol yeah that's a good way to look at it.

What Guys Said 1

• he is telling you he wants to go further with you but his respect for you as a friend is stopping him just doing it - he's testing the water so to speak.

What Girls Said 1

• It means he wants to kiss you. There is always a part of truth behind a joke.