What are your "go-to" date outfits?

I just joined a dating website (very spur of the moment) and if I'm going to be going out on dates, I need to put together some "go-to" outfits. I've rarely dated someone I didn't already know, so I think this could be interesting. A good pencil skirt has been by #1 piece in the past ... What are some other essential wardrobe pieces? Also, are jeans really that bad on a first date? Half the time you go somewhere really casual? Also, if my date wants to do lunch, what are some good ways to jazz up my work wardrobe?

Sorry, I should have added that the pencil skirt I wore was a nice dark denim -- classier than a "jean skirt" but still casual...

Most Helpful Girl

• Obviously it depends on where you're going, who you're going with, and what time of the day it is.

If it's a day time date - they're usually less 'formal' than evening dates. Less dolled up and a bit more casual.

Honestly, it's all dependant on a lot of things; but to me, a pencil skirt might be a bit too 'business and formal' than you know - a first meeting and casual get together. Dress up, make an effort, but remember to not go over the top.

Jeans are fine if they're a good cut, well fitted, and crisp. A pair of slim fit black jeans of example, or dark black - avoid pale or faded.

Pair with heels and a more dressy top.

Just stick to your style, you want to portray yourself most importantly. If all goes well this guy is going to be seeing you again - and well - you don't want to make yourself something you're not. I'm not saying don't try - simply don't try too hard.

Think classy but not business meeting; think casual, but not too casual. Dressed up - but not hitting the clubs.

It's all about striking a happy medium and also reading the guy you're meeting up with. If he's a high-end businessman taking you to a posh restaurant, you'd dress up more so than say meeting a teacher in a coffee shop.

As for jazzing up a work wardrobe, accessories are an easy way. Add a bright colored bag, or statement heels. Not too much, maybe just one thing.

Or a 'boyfriend' fit blazer over a blouse.

What Guys Said 3

• pencil skirt is way too formal for a date setting. if you're going somewhere casual then there really are no "essential" pieces. that's part of the idea behind casual. we need more specifics, however. we need the climate, the setting of the date, etc...

• it obviously depends on where you are going on your first date and what you are doing. But I tend to wear jeans (smartish ones) and a jumper.

• Ooh yeah! A guy in jeans that fit well is delish!

• well. dresses are usually a good bet- but it depends really what you are doing. I'm a big fan of a black dress xD.

jeans are OK, as long as the whole image is good- so balance it out with the top and shoes.

What Girls Said 4

• A pencil skirt can be too formal and businessy, I would suggest a pencil skirt only for lunch. To dress up your work wardrobe I suggest blazers, they can usually make most outfits work appropriate. It depends on where you're going really when it comes to what to wear on a date. Jeans are fine as long as the top is a little more dressy and heals or other nice shoes are worn. You don't want to look like you rolled out of bed and grabbed whatever.

• I don't think jeans are bad at all, they just have to be fit and I think a good trick is to look sexy in a very casual way so just spice it up with some jewelry...

Dont show anything just use clothes that make your figure look nice

I like Rachel Bilson style but I am not sure if its yours so...

link

• try something simple something that shows who you really are. in my opinion jeans aren't bad on a first date just spice them up with a cute top. show him your personality through your actions and your style. if your fun and out going try something a little more colorful. if your calm and serious try something dull not boring but enough to let him know who you are. I guess it does depend on where your going to if your going for dinner try wearing a dress or skirt, and if your going to see a movie try wearing jeans and a nice top. don't wear something to flashy, it might be a little to much. keep it simple.

• If it's a dating site, you can be sure to find yourself on a lot of coffee dates. So put together some outfits that are casual and cute but sexy at the same time. Since it's summer, I would suggest some sun dresses