Dating a possesive guy?

I really like this guy, and he says that he loves me. But, he's really possesive. There's a movie I've wanted to see ever since it came out a few weeks ago but I had no money to go. As soon as I had the money I planned to go by myself (its a movie the guy I'm dating doesn't like) but then I ended up inviting a guy friend I've known for 2 years. I told the guy I'm dating and I explained that he's just a friend but he was really upset. Then I told him my plan to do this babysitting job where I get to go to a waterpark for 4 days and look after 2 kids, and get paid a lot. He was furious because he thinks the father is going to do something to me and he started acting childish. Are these things really that bad to do when you have a boyfriend or is he just really possesive? What should I do?

Most Helpful Girl

• On one hand, it does sound like he's being terribly possessive. On the other, it also sounds like he's being protective of you. Perhaps he's seen something in your guy friend that you haven't seen before, noticed him looking at you in a more-than-friendly way. It doesn't give him the right to act this way, however understanding that he's just being protective of you is important for when you address the subject to him. Tell him that you understand he cares about you, but he has to trust you. Even if this other guy likes you, it doesn't matter because you don't like him. As far as the babysitting job goes, I can definitely understand his reservations (I'm overly paranoid myself) but that shouldn't stop you from taking the job. Just promise him that you'll be careful while you're there and reassure him that you can take care of yourself.

What Guys Said 2

• I think you should break up because it's not helping him with his problem with jealousy. If he is learning he would show signs of getting past some of that. He will learn eventually but not if your together.

• Well the job thing is fine and he should not have a problem with it. So that alone makes him seem a bit possessive. Going to the movies with another man is something that I would not be so fond of.

What Girls Said 1

• It's him, not you! You really should break it off before things get any more serious. That's getting into emotional abuse territory, if it isn't already, and it only gets worse from there.