Do you judge people based on their pictures?

I think we've all been guilty of judging people we see in real life, based on what they wear or who they hang around with. To what extent do you judge a person online for their pictures, or lack thereof?

Sometimes I look at a profile picture, it could be a girl with a miniskirt showing cleavage, and part of me wants to scream "SLUT!" but I've learned over time never to judge by appearance. Are there certain kinds of picture that put you off or draw your interest? What constitutes a "good" picture vs a "bad" picture?

Most Helpful Girl

• i find that so many people don't look anything like their pictures! a picture never shows the real them, and lets face it, so many people love to edit their pictures! you could see a picture and think eugghh they don't look very good looking :S then in person, they might be absolutely stunning! a picture will never capture the things you love the most in that person. It's a good thing not to judge by pictures, it annoys me going on Facebook and seeing a girl post a slutty picture which gets 293845548458457574 likes. It gains the wrong sort of attention and it's not right.

What Girls Said 10

• No, I have to see them and get to know them in person.I don't judge people on appearances unless for work and stuff like that but by their character and decisions they make.

• I don't assume things about people. It isn't fair to them but I am aware that pictures make an impression. depending on that persons' level or emotional feelings about themselves, they can post odd pictures or some pictures they are OK with meanwhile other people jump to conclusions about them.

• Yeah, I guess I do. Girls in skimpy clothing get the skank label, guys with mirror pictures are douchebags, etc. I mean, I don't take the initial impression all that seriously, but I judge them on some level for sure. I think we all do.

• I'm more inclined to think favorably of someone who has a picture of them just smiling or one of them with friends or family or photos from an important occasion.

I think less favorably of girls who pose in their bikinis or tiniest clothes and guys who show their abs or make a stupid face.

If the person doesn't have pictures I wonder if they're self-conscious or afraid of creepers.

• I try not to judge people right away, and I'm pretty good at it but one thing that bugs the sh*t outta me is when guys take topless pics of themselves and have multipes of them on Facebook or whatnot. Yeah, we get that you have a fricken 6 pack, but send it to JUST that one girl, not as your profile picture.

• i usually don't judge anyone online based on their picture but I do judge them when based on what they talk about and their manner and language

when I see a picture of a guy trying to look all gangsta that can sometimes put me off also if a girl adds me and her pic has a a lot of skin exposed other than that I'm fine with it :)

• If it is online dating then it serves as a mechanism to weed people out. There can be so many profile pictures and people to sort through. If I see a guy with a photo of himself in a dirty room or messy backgrounds I tend to keep moving. a few others. 1. shirt off and flexing, 2. picture with some woman that does not look like his mom. that's just a few. So yes photos matter but offline I don't judge people by looks and clothing... I think personality can out weigh the looks by far.

• yes

• umm yes I do, like if a girl have sexy pics I assume she's a whore and if a girl doesn't have pics I assume she's ugly.

• Yes, I do judge people based on their pictures--but only to a certain extent.

Just like how we dress and how we carry ourselves, pictures CAN show personalities and character. I do know though, that that's not the whole story.

There's more to a person than how they look like or how they act. Every person has a story and I refuse to reject or disapprove someone as a whole without getting to know them first.

What Guys Said 7

• Eh I usually judge people more on their answers than their pictures.

• Yes. A woman that dresses classy and seems lovable consists as a good picture. A woman with a picture of her tattoo on her lower back is a bad picture.

• Yes.

• Well seeing as I'm a cute panda everyone can tell I'm sweet and adorable

• So many don't have an actual pic up of themselves so I really don't care.

• It's hard to judge someone by picture online, but I've done it before.

• yep. slutty for one. ugly for another. both of those are turnoffs. xD. the pictures that draw my attention the most are classy...

but then again, a picture doesn't tell much about a person in real life.