He never even called or text me to see how he was. What type of person does this?

Me and my ex broke up and never even talked about it because when I tried calling him about the situation that caused the break up he could only text me back. 5 days after the break up my nephew had to go to the hospital. It was scary and I am very close to my nephew. Since I was nervous and scared I called my ex on my way to the hospital. I don't really know why I called it almost felt natural. He did answer and we talked for a few minutes only about my nephew not about us. He never even called or text me to see how he was. I just don't understand what kind of person doesn't ask that. I feel like even if I was mad at someone, if they had someone close to them hurt I would make sure they were OK. It just hurts me too because I feel like he must have really not cared about me either. I also feel horrible because I keep thinking about our relationship and how I could have been different. I just wonder how can someone be so non caring?

Most Helpful Girl

• My mom was in the hospital for a couple of weeks and I never left her side. Do you know how many of my "friends" as well as boyfriend came to visit and sit with me? One. Only one person came and I use to think I had a lot of close friends. I understand what you're saying, if it was a friend who was in your situation you would have been there in a heartbeat. But you have to understand that some people aren't like that. They can have the best intentions but at the end of the day they have no idea how to show that they care. You deserve someone who's going to be there for you and someone who you know will have your back when you need it. I broke up with my boyfriend because he didn't come and see me, I suggest you do the same and drop this guy. You will find someone who is there for you through thick and thin as much as you are for them.

What Guys Said 1

• Don't feel horrible about that. You still have feelings for him. Call him and talk about the break up situation. It will lift a huge weight off your chest and you will feel better.

Can you help me with my question? Click this link

What Girls Said 1

• It's understandable to not know how to feel in a situation like that. I know a guy that would do the same thing if it happened to me. It is just how some people are. Maybe he...forgot? Who knows. But you should certainly phone him and ask what is going on. I know it is hard and neither of you may like it, because of the awkardness, but it will be much better once you finally do.