Is he being noble or just not that into me?

This guy and I have been talking and hanging out a little bit. He seems to really like me and flirts a lot. I just texted him and said we should go out sometime. He declined, saying he still has too many emotions for his ex (who treated him badly apparently), but if it wasn't for that he would totally take me up on the offer, and that it wouldn't be fair to me since he is still not over his ex. He also said that he would like to hang out some more and get to know each other better.

Is this just an excuse not to tell me that he's just not that into me?

What Guys Said 1

• I would say based on my own experience, this guy is on the level. I am very much into the woman I am seeing now, and I found that dating others just wasn't fair to them, because they never really had a fair shot. Whenever I was with someone else, all I could think of was her. I just couldn't do it anymore.

He deserves credit for being honest with you and not putting you in a place where you could get hurt.

What Girls Said 1

• Yes. I say back off and move onto someone that is emotionally available. I think that if he was really interested ex girlfriend would go out the window. I think he is setting you up as a Plan B with his hanging out plan. A confused man can lead to a pain and hurt. there are plently of other men out there that are long over their exes and looking for another girl to start something new with. :)