DO GUYS always seek approval form their friends before dating a girl?

Like lets say you like a girl, in class or wherever, and you want to ask her out but are not sure about what your friends will think about her?

• Yes
  • No
  • Depends on the girl
ESPECIALLY ID YOUR A TEEN GUY

Most Helpful Guy

• Nope, guys don't give a sh*t about what others think about the girl they are interested in usually. It's why we can be more devoted to a woman than a woman to a guy cause women always seek approval about everything they do from their friends and family and sh*t. Not realizing the family and friends don't know what's best for them and only think more about their own opinions and thus a woman loses a chance at a great relationship or ends a good one because of dumbass friends and family.

Granted not all are like this, but it certainly seems to be a significant number.

What Guys Said 26

• What the hell for? They're not dating her, I am.

• I have never asked any of my guy friends for approval to date a girl lol. I could honestly care less, at least if I've already deemed her as "girlfriend" material. The only thing that could sway my mind is if my friends swore she was a terrible choice, in which case I would take what they have to say into consideration but ultimately I will make the choice whether to date her or not, not my friends.

• If I like her, I'll date her, regardless of what others think, unless they REALLY have something dyer to tell me, I'll be my own judge,

• I'll seek advice sometimes, but I never need anyones approval for dating a girl. It would be nice if everyone liked her, but that's not possible.

• nope unlike girls,we don't need our friend groups approval

• Someone who carries themselves like a man doesn't seek approval of others (even their friends) in their romantic partners. But since you mentioned "teen guys" specifically, that is possible that someone in their age group would do that.

• No

If a friend says no that will lower my self esteem

If a friend says yes then I have possibly made myself a competitor

• my friends wouldn't be dating her I would be. so no I don't and didn't

• No, I don't really care for there input since they are not in the relationship

• depends but typically no.

sometime when too meny parties are involved, espically in HS, there tends to be drama... :/

but there are times you want some advice or need a buddy to break the ice for the two of you.

• I always ask their opinion, but what they think of her doesn't change a thing.

• Young guys: yes. Mature men: no.

• If the "wolfpack" knows something on a chick that one of the "wolfs" like. They will tell em even if its good or bad. Whatever they know they share.

yes I am referring to "The Hangover."

• not me, if I like her I like her then

• Hi

No . I never did ask for an opinion when I liked someone ..

Ciao .

• I don't seek approval from anyone except her.

• id say most guys yea. But I don't give a sh*t what people think

• Your bros might know something about a girl that you don't. It's not like we have to actively seek approval. it's just good to know if they abhor her though.

• I've never dated, but I wouldn't ever care what they think. Unless the girl is a bitch and I'm somehow not seeing it.

• Nope - I date whoever I want to!

• nope. I have an odd taste in women so I know what they are going to say.

• Do you have like a female mustache fetish or something?

I've got a cousin like that. I can hook you up.

• No. My friends(the few that I have) are black and most of my associates are too. And we don't have the same taste in women.

• most of them do yes, but guys who aren't followers make up their own mind instead

• i dont

• If I like her, and there is no history between a friend of mine and her, I wouldn't ask for approval. I've never had a girlfriend though.

• AW :(

DONT WORRY BUD...let me guess your a teenager XD

• I'm 18. I just think it's been pointless to have a gf,because I don't have a license and I just now got a job.

• aww...ur sweert just keep trying a girl sould like you for you, not your valuables

• i don't care what they think

• No I need nobodys approval I date who I want.

What Girls Said 5

• I've never known a guy who's dated me to ask for approval from his friends. And I know the guys that I've dated very well (most were good friends before we dated) so I'm 90% sure that I would know if they asked.

• How did they get out of the friend zone? am sort of in the same situation =/ be as specific as you'd like.

• Honestly, I pursued them. I don't really have a "friend zone" so to speak. If I like a guy as a friend, then I will try flirting with him and see if we click. If we do, then we try dating. I had a serious, 7 year relationship that started that way. Sorry if that isn't much help.

• Most of the younger guys do seek approval from their friends.

• I would say it depends on the girl and how he feels about her.

• i guess it depends on the maturity level of that guy

• Listen to the guys on here. The maturity issue is the key.