Would you date a black girl, guys?

I'm half-cuban, hal-jamaican. I've lived in a white community since I was three, and its hard for me to date people. For some reason they see the color of my skin and nothing else matters. Not to brag, but I'm fairly attractive, and I work very hard to have a great body. I'm a well spoken, normal teenage girl, not loud or obnoxious, like most black people I know. Is there something wrong, or is it really because I'm black?

And no hard feelings, I want honest answers!

Most Helpful Guy

• Well it depends on how she looks, I rarely date blacks but I have had some experiences with them so anything is possible. I'm Jamaican, African American, and Native American, Yet I find many white girls and Hispanic women attractive, I was raised in NYC, so seeing whites were rare to me , that might explain why I'm attracted to them. Anyway, everyone is different so its possible a guy will find you attractive =)

What Guys Said 12

• i will date her only if she is a virgin I don't date non virgin girls if she is a virgin with a pure heart and a pure mind and of course if she have nature breasts no fake boobs aka breast implants because it's a turn off to me if she have breast implants then I would date her I hope this answer your question

• I would consider it based on her personality. Like you mentioned, there is a stigma that black women are loud and obnoxious, and unfortunately, I have to agree that there are many of them that fit the stereotype.

You don't sound like the stereotype at all though. If we had common interests and a connection, I would totally date you.

• Lol, sorry but where you wrote "I'm a well spoken, normal teenage girl, not loud or obnoxious, like most black peoplew" made me laugh :P. To a degree I believe most people are socially conditioned to like a certain look rather than their own individual preference, lots of white guys would say they don't find black girls attractive yet would say yes to finding beyonce, rihanna, gabrielle union etc attractive. I think black girls are attractive

• Honestly, I've never seen a subsahara-african girl who I thought was attractive. It has nothing to do with her being another race though. They have this distinctive feature in their face which I just don't like. And most of all their clothing and hairstyles. It's just plain horrible to see.

I find halfies extremely attractive though.

• I don't care AT ALL about race... if I'm attracted to someone I'm attracted to THEM not what color they are or where they hail frome.

• In that case it really depends. If one of your parents is cuban, you're not really that black are you?

But like I said earlier, it's not the skin-colour, but the other distinct features of "pure" black people that make me not attracted.

• Most definitely!

• Nope not my type.

• I'm attracted, but she would have to pass other tests as well. It really depends on if we are compatible or not.

• I am personally not attracted to many black girls at all. Not a racist thing, just my personal preference.

• I would date a woman of any race, but I am more attracted to some races more than others.

• honest to god, some guys just aren't attracted to certain races. I only seem to be attracted to white people/asians... I don't know why. I have several black friends, but I couldn't imagine dating them. so yeah.

What Girls Said 3

• I'm a well spoken, normal teenage girl, not loud or obnoxious, like most black people I know.

^ and you wonder why they only see the color of your skin.

Guess they see black so she must be loud or obnoxious.

You think it as well don't get p*ssy that they do.

Yes guys will date a black girl if she's attractive. Though most guys even black guys prefer a lighter shade of black or biracial girls.

• i do see it too, and I really don't blame them if that's what they think. most of the black people in my area aren't very well spoken, and don't defy the stereotypes. The question was more, why don't they get to know ME first and not judge based on my skin color.

• Because they've seen enough black people to believe the stereotype like you.

Or they just don't find you attractive enough to see if you defy the stereotype.

• I know you asked guys..anyway, I don't think most guys would.

• Are you from the south? Cause here in NY it doesn't matter your race. If a girl takes care of herself. They WANT her! I see a lot of mix couples. And tons of gorgeous black girls that other races want.

• Thanks for that comment FierceMegan, it gives me hope! I'm moving to NYC next year, but I live in Texas now, Maybe that has something to do with it

• lol not in the deep south. I live in maryland. LOL, interracial relationships are very common here. My response was a general thing.

• IM sick and tired of guys straying away from black girls, its not like we are a disease or something, just like other girls we are human beings and breath fresh air. just because one person acts on way does not mean all other black girls are like that.PLUS what makes all other races better than one other. YOU GUYS NEE TO SHOW OTHER ETHNIC MINORITIES SOME RESPECT.

peace