What makes it a "date" vs. hanging out?

so one of my guy friends texted me wondering if we could hang out. when I asked him where, he responded, "umm idk. my house? lol". so I'm not really sure if he means it as a date or not. I think that if you're all alone with a guy in his house... it's a date, right?

what qualifies hanging out as a date?

Most Helpful Guy

• why are girls always so focused on terminology? haha

What Guys Said 3

• haha, what qualifies and what doesn't is totally your choice. personally I think hanging out is with friends- while a date is when you are in a formal relationship.

• It isn't necessarily. You can hang out at his place as friends. Doesn't mean he doesn't see it as a date.

• Hanging out doesn't usually involve physical contact. Depending on how many times you have hung out, he might feel that the preliminary courting has passed. You might turn into a FWB or something. A date should be somewhere other than one's house. Plus usually there is a kiss or more on a date.

What Girls Said 2

• A date means he is taking you somewhere nice, I like him to pay at least on the first date. If it is his house it is not a date it is that he is trying to get into your pants.

• Why do we love to label things?

Just call it "Having fun with the guy I like"