If a guy texts a girl to hang out?

so if a guy texts a girl to hang out, would you girls take that to mean:

(A) that the guy wants to just hang out as friends or

(B) he wants to hang out and get to know you more cause he likes you and he is really asking you out on a date?

Most Helpful Girl

• i would assume my current status with him. if he's always been a friend, then a hang out is just a hang out.

but if we just met, I would assume it was a mini date

What Girls Said 5

• it depends on the relationship.

If its someone that I don't really talk to, ill assume he's asking me out,

but if its a friend, I would think it would just be to hang out.

• If were just friends and have been for a while and your not flirty then a) but if were just starting to get to know each other then even if you only Intention was to be friends I'd assume b)

• it really all depends on who the guy is; how long I've known him, if we always hang out and we're buddies, if we rarely hang out but talk sometimes, etc.

• I would just assume it's A, until he indicates otherwise. If he uses the phrase "hang out" and doesn't call it a date, I don't think of it as a date.

• I'd think he was trying to get in my pants.

What Guys Said 3

• I'm not a girl but I'm going to guess they think it will depend on the guy. They'd think differently if it was a guy they just met or if it was a guy they've been dating off and on.

• depends on their relationship, whether they're just friends or want to be more or w/e

• If a girl knows me for quite some time, she would know when I transition the hang out into a date.