Does he really want me to text him?

There's a guy I've been sorta dating. We were saying goodbyes before he left to go home for x-mas break; he said you can text me over the break. Does he really want me to text him or was he just saying that to be polite?

Most Helpful Girl

• When I first started dating my man I wouldn't text him at work for fear of bothering him. One night before he went home he told me, "Just so you know I am a major slacker and I can text all day long so if you get bored hit me up." He wanted to talk during the day but he didn't know how I felt about it. Seems to be the same situation, he wants to keep in touch while you're apart but he doesn't know if it will bug you so instead of him just texting you he gave you and invite to make sure you're cool with it.

What Guys Said 1

• He 100% wants you to text him.

Most guys are pretty up front about things. If they say they want something, then that's what they want. This is no different. He wants to know that you're thinking about him and missing him as much as he's thinking about and missing you. That way, when he returns, he knows you haven't been picking up while he's been gone, and you can continue to build your exclusive relationship from there.

Be warned, he IS looking for exclusivity. If you're not (which I think you are, but anyway), it's time to get out of the relationship now, but if so, call him; don't text.

:)

What Girls Said 2

• Text him and find out. I'm sure the answer would be evident in his response (or lack of response).

• He wants you to text him :)