If you went to a prestigious school, would you date someone in community college?

Would you date someone in community college?

Yes?

No ?

Why?

Most Helpful Guy

• i don't see why not

What Guys Said 5

• Arrogance bullsh*t.

• So then you would? hey lol I'm not against community colleges. I know people who who went, who are way smarter & work harder than people who were spoon fed an education.. just wondering how other people think.

• what education system someone is in would never affect whether I would date someone.

• nice simple sensible answer :)

• Yeah. I would do it the other way too.

• It certainly wouldn't disqualify someone, but I would probably be less likely to date her. For one thing, she wouldn't have a similar background to me.

• what is your back ground? don't you grow out of your childhood as an adult?

• In a sense you can grow out of your background, but in a sense it's always part of who you are.

Everyone in my family has gone to a Top 50 university, and many in my family have gone to a Top 10 school for the field they're studying. Education is a deeply held value in my family. I wouldn't be as well respected by my family had I gone to a community college, and I feel like that belief has been passed on to me too.

That is just my two cents. I don't mean to start a debate into my opinions.

• No, the girl may not feel comfortable.

• if she wasn't comfortable she wouldn't date u, so if she would she's fine with it. so if she would, would you?

• you are not using logic you are using emotion. you are worrying of feelings from a non existent person.

a person who is comfortable with themselves, does not assume someone else will not become comfortable, you are using yourself as a mode for her feelings. its called projection.

btw- unless you are a**hole, why would she be uncomfortable..

its funny, dodged the poor people being stupid stereotype-So you had to bring in the girls lack volition & reason stereotype.. you can't help it..prejudice is irresistible.

• A person whom I date isn't non existent ...If you feel that it's fine, I am not using myself as a mode of her feelings- you are too childish I would say...I have been over such situations and I am aware of it.

She would be comfortable whom she sees around her everyday,not someone from a prestigious school...The more you know someone the more comfortable you tend to feel .

That's my logic ...you may call it emotion..

What Girls Said 4

• Of course x

• Definitely, just because they are going to a community college doesn't mean they are stupid or any less. If anything they may be smarter, more money wise etc. Community college and a university are basically the same exact education for the first 2 years (General ed.) And I'm also not super shallow so I wouldn't let what school he went to bother me, as long as he was putting an effort in to build his future and got good grades I would be happy to give him a chance

• yes. I can admire anyone striving to better themselves through education. just because he couldn't afford or didn't qualify for an ivy league education doesn't make him a lesser person.

• I would if I was attracted to the person.