Did I give him the wrong impression by kissing him first?

Had a first date on Saturday with a guy I just recently started talking to. He started out very flirtatious and touchy feely while I was a bit shy. Legs, back, hands, neck, etc. He was definitely putting himself out there and we were definitely in awe with each other so out of resisting the urge, I finally just leaned in and kissed him, perhaps more awkwardly then not. He didn't seem to mind because we continued kissing passionately throughout the night, however, he did say he wasn't expecting it but I told him I wanted to. On normal occasions I wouldn't think anything of it but it was pretty heated, like the cliche old movie airport/train station kissing. Did I just give the wrong impression to him?

Most Helpful Guy

• nah. if he liked it, he liked it. I wouldn't think of you any less, if you kissed me on a first date.

What Guys Said 4

• I think what you did was great! That should not give the wrong impression at all.

• Not at all.

I love women that have some spontaneity, and good on you for that.

• You did nothing wrong. Yes, sometimes things may seem a bit clumsy or awkward but there's absolutely no need to be overly self-conscious about it. That's what makes us human.

• You did nothing wrong

What Girls Said 3

• I am not a fan of kissing on the first date nor of being the one to initiate it. Trust me, I am not shy and I am passionate, but for me, I did find that it would send the wrong message. I found that moving that fast and putting a big focus on passion versus getting to know each other made it hard to tell if there was more to the dating than just sexual attraction.

I would not worry about this, but I would focus on making more of your date about talking and doing activities together to see if an emotional bond starts up. If your date just moves straight to the make-out session, he is not doing what you need to do to connect. Good luck!

• I don't think so, guys really don't read into these things as much as a woman does. If anything this showed confidence and that you can take charge. Which most men find sexy. Try going on another date with him, if you feel things are weird (which I don't see why it would be) then you can clear the air if you sense you made the wrong impression. But I highly doubt that! He kissed you back so I would say he enjoyed the date haha. Try not to think too far into it, if he felt the same spark then he'll be waiting for another date with you :)

• if you felt it was right then go ahead, if he is being judgmental about it then forget him.