Pay your friends to find you girls? is this ok?

how would you feel if someone paid a friend of yours to hook you up with him or her, without your knowledge. like paid for your friend to "put in a good" word and get you guys out on the same night to make it look organic. when in reality, it was a service paid for...without you knowing about. so it's not like you both signed up for a dating service. and you later found out this person was just looking for flings through this arrangement. this doesn't seem normal to me. it seems somewhat messed up.

Most Helpful Guy

• im OK with it you got to get an opening somehow but I would like the money they got from the arrangement to like buy me drinks when we were out or something I don't like the idea of a friend pimping me out but if its like hey be here on this night ill pay for your guys night then I guess that is just a good deal

• he paid his good friend a not insignificant amount of money for each lead that resulted in a date or hook-up or something. and the girls were clueless re: this arrangement. and he wasn't looking for relationships...just casual stuff.

• lol I'm fine with that arrangement if my buddies wanted me to hook them up id put in the leg work to make it happen, that's just called being a wing man and I do it for free anyways if my buddy wanted to pay for my drink while I was out to put in extra wing manning effort id do it no problem

What Guys Said 6

• I agree. I don't know what yo add. I'd get angry if somebody did that to me.

• sounds like the plot to a bad romantic comedy. but if this was real I wouldn't have any part of it.

• lmao we call that a wingman and if you gotta pay him, he's really no friend at all...

• no lol, I would never do that, I don't go out with "set up" people anyways especially if that person paid for it

• Wow! I'd really feel worthless and helpless if that happened. I'd rather be set-up than something like that. Not cool.

• pay! hell no! its not okay!

What Girls Said 1

• i'm not a prostitute so that's not OK with me