Could you date someone who doesn't like animals?

The question says it all. Please explain your answer. Maybes work too but I'm not going to put that as an option.

• Yes, I could
    Vote A
  • No, I couldn't
    Vote B
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
Personally, I'm not a lover of animals. But I'm not a hater either. My family has two dogs and a cat. My boyfriend has two dogs. I don't mind animals but I'd prefer if they weren't there because typically I end up cleaning up after them. If someone else took care of them 100% I'd be all for them, but sadly that's not totally realistic. When I have my own place, I don't want pets. But I don't really want to tell people I don't like animals because that's not the full truth. I have been deemed a
Terrible person before for not preferring to keep animals, and I think that's wrong. I just wanted the people's opinions.

0|0
16|4

Most Helpful Girl

• I actually have dated a guy who did not like animals. I am fine with dating someone who has no interest in them. But this guy tried to basically change me. Telling me I shouldn't like them and whatnot. I am a big animal lover so this was a very tough experience for me. It just seems like every guy I date hates animals :S My current boyfriend isn't a huge fan, but he doesn't mind animals. He hates cats tho and I love them :P But he's OK with me having one as long as he doesn't have to do anything with it and I am OK with that :P

0|0
    0|0

Have an opinion?

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Guys Said 4

• Why would you not date someone because they don't like animals...seriously?!?!

It wouldn't bother me.

we all like and dislike things, you can't really have someone who likes everything you do.

0|1
    0|0
  • yeah I could, I'd rather be with someone who didn't like animals than someone who had a million animals.

0|0
    0|0
  • I could, but I might be a little disappointed. I love animals. Dogs, cats, and whatnot. Oh well.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah. I think it's ridiculous to not date someone because they don't like animals or an animal.

0|0
    0|0
    • It's ridiculous why someone wouldn't like animals. They are the perfect friend as long as you raise them the right way and they always love unconditionally. What's not to like?

• Don't ask me. I love dogs. But not to date someone simply because they have no interest in something that the other person likes. Then everyone on this planet is going to be single forever. Any relationship you get in, there is always gonna be something that your S.O likes that you don't like. And animals could be one of those things.

• Well, thing is though, there are people who do not like animals who criticize the people they date for liking them and try to change that person. I dated a guy like that, didn't know he felt that way until we had dated for a few months. It was quite challenging and I am happy we are no longer dating. Not everyone who dislikes animals is like that, but for whatever reason, he was :S

What Girls Said 15

• Yes.

As long as doesn't like animals isn't abuses animals or tolerates/accepts animals being abused.

1|0
    0|0
  • Sure. Animals weren't a big part of my life growing up...so I wouldn't mind if someone didn't like them. However, I think there's a difference between not liking animals and accepting animal cruelty (which I am against). Who knows...maybe that person has a phobia of a particular animal.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't mind as long as they aren't obvious that they dislike animals in front of other people and don't complain aroubnd every animal they come upon.

0|0
    0|0
  • No way would I be able to. I have 3 cats and a dog so if he didn't like animals, he wouldn't even be able to come over to my house.

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably not, kinda hoping the guy I date loves dogs and is willing to let me buy a husky when I'm older. If not then meh, allergies are a completely different issue.

0|0
    0|0
  • I voted no but if the person was open minded, could tolerate having a dog/cat/horses involved in their life with me, and allowed me to be the animal lover than I am then maybe. Otherwise, there's no way I would date someone like that.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah I wouldn't, sounds like an uptight idiot. If he had allergies sure.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've always been the one to bring in a stray of any kind asking "Can we keep it?"

I probably could if he didn't have an issue with my animals but if he wouldn't allow me my pets then it'd be a deal breaker.

0|0
    0|0
  • If he like wouldn't want animals at home, I could see that but if he'd outright hated animals that'd be a deal breaker

0|0
    0|0
  • NoOOOO,only if they let me keep my animal.

In other cases like: If they didn't like animals in general,NO,i could not date them.

BUT If they didn't like 1 Animal or some animals then that's alright and yea I could date them.

0|0
    0|0
  • i could... but I'm still gonna shove my rabbit in his face >: )

0|1
    0|0
    • that rabbit is going straight to the bbq

• Show All
    • Awwww... My Spanish teacher tricked me into eating ginea pig last year. That sly Peruvian. But never again will I be naive enough to put an unknown meat in my mouth. Ever.

• N. O. NO! :P

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably not. I love animals and I want to have at least a few pets when I get my own place. So if a guy wouldn't be alright with that then it probably wouldn't be a good idea.

0|0
    0|0
  • No because I love animals a lot especially dogs and rabbits.He might not feel comfortable with my pets if he comes to visit me or something.My dogs like to bark strangers so I don't want in case my dogs get any "trouble" with him.

0|0
    0|0
  • Usually people I meet that don't like animals, really don't like them as in they cannot tolerate me having one. So no.

0|0
    0|0