Why do most guys wear there pants low?

Do yall think that's sexy to girls? cause its really not. So why do you do it when it looks so tacky? Walkin around with your drawls hangin out. No one wants to see that.

Most Helpful Girl

• You know what bothers me? When a guy's pants are low, and he's actually wearing a belt. I sat next to a guy in class who did that, and I never understood it. Is the belt keeping them from falling all the way down? Because it sure didn't serve its actual purpose of keeping his pants up.

When I was in high school, a lot of the guys wore their pants that way, and one of my teachers got really annoyed by it one day and told them how that meant they were open to sex with other inmates in prison. After that day, the guys stopped wearing their pants that way haha

What Guys Said 4

• most guys? that's not most guys, its just thug guys . . if you think its most guys that's just because you live in a place where that lifestyle choice is the most common one. me personally I wonder about it too though because here's my reasoning behind it

the whole thug style is all about emulating and copying criminals, so . . . why would you wear your pants in a way that interfered with your ability to run if you plan on doing criminal things? =P

• Ok. your wrong. its not jus thug guys. I see whites, blacks, and hispanics do it because they think its cool. maybe you don't but most guys of all races do. doesn't mean they are criminals. now your saying stuff you know nothing about.

• Since when are thug guys only one race? thug guys ARE all whites, blacks, and hispanics, and whatever else. it's not a race thing. and I didn't say they are criminals. I said they were EMULATING criminals, since that whole style started out as a prison thing.

• Just one little thing, euhm, a girl can pull her pants as high as she finds fashionable (she will show a camel toe , but that's all) If a guy does that his "family jewels" might get compressed and they are rather fragile and hurt easily. So wearing high isn't very comfortable.

• The world isn't full of gangster wannabees, some of us actually do wear clothes that fit.

• what about if the pants are alil bit over half of the butt?

• What? just puit them on the way they meant to fit. Do you know that that stuff came from prison? and yall do it just to fit in when it looks so bad, tacky, and like you have no common sense. just wear them right.

• Is not that I sag them, its that sometimes when I wear my belt they still go down a bit...but ur right it doesn't look that good..

What Girls Said 3

• pants falling down = TURN OFF!

wearing them a little low slung is better than up to their armpits, but if you can see their boxers, that's too low. It just makes them look toooooo skinny and sloppy as well.

Unfortunately, about a 30% minority of the guys (white) at my school seem to think it's cool or something. I should just go up to them and say "duuude; hike up those pants" haha. Not really though.

Why do they do it? I think it's because they're trying for the gangstaaa look, but it really doesn't work for most of them. So if you're a guy and reading this------------------------------------------------------------------> DON'T WEAR YOUR PANTS DOWN TO YOUR KNEES! :D

• I heard that it came from prison. A lot of those prison guys would wear there pants low for easy access to sex(gay) cause in prison no woman so a lot become homo and that pants thing is where it come from. A lot of guys out there don't even know that that is gay but do it cause its what they see and think its cool. stupid

• Yeah...it also originated in prison where the guards wouldn't let them wear belts because they used them as weapons and ways to escape haha. so yeah, baggy pants came from the CORRECTIONAL FACILITIES! lol

• All the guys do it at my school, even the white boys. I just tell them, "Pull up your freakin pants, I don't want to see your underwear poppin out everywhere, you're not a gangster, this ain't gonna make you more gangsterish, you just look like a guy who don't own a belt!"

• Well, they like to see girls with their shit hangin out maybe that's whay they do it. However, they're just effin stupid.

• Naw, I think its more of a peer pressure thing. its just considered cool cause others are doin it they are.

• People don't know how to be themselves and they follow each other so that would make sense too.