Online dating, anyone have any luck? which site do you use?

I'm new in a city and thinking about online dating, if anything it will at least help me meet some people in my new area.

Has anyone had any success with sites like match.com? If so, what did you do? Do you have any tips? What site do you use? Is it worth it?

• Online dating is a great idea in today's world for people who are busy
  • Online dating almost never leads to anything positive and just costs time and money

Most Helpful Girl

• Met my husband on match way back when meeting people online was new. My two other girlfriends also met their husbands online. All good looking professionals. Musician, and IT. Great way to meet people if you are new to the area. Good luck.

What Girls Said 2

• I´ve been using this new site called checkhimout! I really like it, only been on it for a couple of dates but their concept is different. My girlfriend met her husband on there so I had to give it a try.

• Online dating is fine if you don't go in thinking you'll find your soul mate. It's a good way to make friends. POF is good because, it has a lot of people but, definitely don't take THAT site seriously. If you're looking for something serious, lavalife or match is OK but, not too many good looking people there. :( Depends what you're looking for

What Guys Said 4

• i've never done online dating, but I have met people online that are better than most people I know in person

• OkCupid is the only site I've ever had a single reply back and sadly never again. but it in general online dating doesn't work but the site behind it won't tell you that while they don't delete old profiles and hire people to write profiles to attract new paying customers.

• OkCupid is my favorite. The free level account is completely functional for everything you need. And if you take enough time to answer the matching questions and write a detailed profile, lightning may strike. Hopefully there are enough users in your area on it.

• its not bad, but its better to meet someone in person.