What do you think about dating someone that is much older?

I'm talking about 20 years older. In my situation he's divorced and has two kids that are half of my age (so maybe its not that bad). What are your thoughts?

I just want to point out that a lot of people are called his children baggage. If they were my kids, I'd be offended.

Most Helpful Girl

• Think about the life style change it would bring to your life. Are you ready to be a step mom and deal with any baggage he might carry from the divorce, including financial issues it might have brought? If the answer is yes, than I don`t see why age should be an issue. It`s mostly the stages in life that could bring difficulties if your not on the same level.

You must also realize that if you chose to take this path in life, you won`t get to experience the excitement of being newly wed`s for the first time together, being parents for first time together, etc. Would you feel like you are missing out on important experiences together? Or would you feel content with the fact that he has already been through the experience and you will never be able to? It`s all about what you want in life for yourself.

What Guys Said 1

• I love all the women answers :D

Same ones who would get all butt-hurt at the guy's 'would you date a single mother?' questions. :D

What Girls Said 5

• No I prefer guys my age without kids.

Guys prefer younger women & do single mothers so no need for me to date a old guy whose a single father.

In fact the reason this guy likes you is because you're young and probably without kids. Most guys prefer to date younger not women their own age & most single fsthers don't want singke mothers.

• If you like him enough, and you're willing to take on the responsibility that may come along with the kids (which really depends on how you and the dude agree to handle that) I don't see any problem.

You're both consenting adults, and age is just a number.

• @ your update: I agree. They are children, not bags of sand. Especially if they are older, it would be much easier for you to explain who and what you are to their father, and connect with them on whichever level you choose. No, it's not easy. But nothing that's worth it ever is.

• It's a lot of baggage, no offense but I don't think you should date someone who is older than you and is practically your fathers age.

• what do you mean a lot of baggage? If anything this guy probably has no baggage. He probably is financially stable and already knows what he wants. So, he probably won't play games.

• I consider children baggage, I would want my OWN children not someone elses. Plus theyll be in the way when he wants to go out or make out in the house, or w/e it is they will do.

• lol the kids are with the mother, she's the one with the baggage XD

• I would. Your situation sounds just like mine, I really like him a lot. If you really like him and he really likes and respects you and isn't just taking advantage because you are younger, go for it. Screw the haters, if you think you are capable of this relationship I'd go for it. You only live once and if you miss an opportunity you want so badly you'll wonder about it forever. Just think carefully about the circumstances (kids, in a few decades he will be pretty old compared to you,etc)

• not for me. I'm not going to deal with all that baggage