Should a freshman be dating a junior?

I have a young friend who is a freshman in high school who was asked out by a junior guy. She texted me and asked if she should go out with him. Her parents are OK with it, but, understandably, she's not sure. I can't give out advice to her because I was never in a situation like that. What do you guys think is the maximum age difference a boyfriend and girlfriend should have in high school?

Most Helpful Girl

• He only asked her out to get into her pants. Whenever upper classmen go after freshman like that, chances are they're doing it to get into their pants. Girls that age are dumb/naive and don't know any better. Once the guy gets his and/or gets her pregnant, he's out.

There could be a chance that the guy is genuine, but I'd have my doubts. If she's not sure, it could be her gut instinct kicking in, and she's very right to do so.

• Thanks. That does make sense. He seems like a nice guy from what she's told me, but they all seem nice at first, don't they? :-/ It's a shame.

• I remember that being commonplace when I was in high school. Whenever juniors/seniors went after the freshmen girls, it was for only one reason. They could also get away with more with those girls since they were new and naive to the hs scene. I also agree with above. If she's not sure, then she shouldn't.

What Guys Said 2

• yeah, that's about the maximum age difference, 2 years.. I would never go over that within high school. Over the summer, I had a crush on a girl that I later found out had just gotten out of her freshman year, and I had just gotten out of my junior year, and it was OK as far as age gap, but she was pretty mature for her age and definitely didn't look like she just turned 15... however most of the frosh in my school look like little kids tbh

• Yea, I guess you do have to take her maturity into account, but still I don't want to tell her it's OK and have the guy pressure her into doing anything she wouldn't normally do. I wouldn't be able to live that down. :(

• well, it depends on the guy too, is he a douchebag or a player or somebody will ill intentions? because I certainly am not, but I can't vouch for the majority of high school juniors

• He seems nice from what she's told me, but I don't know the whole story. Plus some jerks can fake innocence to get what they want. I know that much.

• First. What's a freshman, And What's a Junior?

• Freshmen year is the first year of high school when the students are 14 to 15 years old. Junior year is the third year of high school when the students are 16 to 17 years old. I understand your confusion. Should they date?

• Age gap and maturity gap. She's pretty mature, but I don't know if she's THAT mature, if you know what I mean.

• She could date a sophomore (15 to 16 years old) and she has, but I don't know about a junior.

What Girls Said 3

• 1 year difference is the max to me.

I don't think your friend should be dating this junior most junior/senior guys go after freshman girls for sex.

• if she's not unsure that means she's not 100 and if she's not 100, then her answer should be no

• I dated a senior as a freshman and I couldn't really tell there was a difference, and I've asked him after the fact if he could feel a difference and he said no.