Isn't dumping someone thru text rude?

Alright, I admit to being new to this dating thing after being married for 5years and not dating for three. But I date this guy for on/off six months because he's busy...and then he texts me that he will no longer be pursuing a relationship with me. What is up with email and texting? Is this the norm now?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know what's up with it.....

But I'd say that dumping through text or email is just another way that he's too "afraid" to break up with you in person because he can't handle reactions. I think it's stupid.

I mean isn't asking out or breaking up with some one more sincere in person? I mean I don't know but if someone was breaking up with me I'd rather have them do it in person. Not over text/email...

What Guys Said 1

• Does it make a cats ass difference?

If someone gives you the pink slip, even if it's by text message.

There's no easy way to tell someone they don't want to see them anymore.

Well there is but it's called cheating, and getting caught hurts more.

What Girls Said 2

• I always end relationships in person. It is intimidating and scary but I personally believe they are worth the hardship and time if they are the one's getting dumped. Anyways it shows you really care to when do it in person. This guy wasn't worth your time if he doesn't have the confidence to do it face to face.

• Texting and email is pretty normal for relationships now, I text with my boyfriend more than I talk to him on the phone just because it's easier, but there are some limits. No matter how much y'all used texting, breaking up needs to always be done in person or at least on the phone, not thru text message. This guy isn't worth your time if he isn't strong enough to do it face to face.