Should you be over your ex before dating again?

The title says it all. I'm pretty much over my ex boyfriend, but I still get a little sad thinking about him. Should I be over him completely before dating again?

Just for the record - I don't talk to my ex at all. I haven't seen or spoken to for months.

Most Helpful Guy

• If you are a chick (which you are), then no, it's not necessary. As a female, you are biologically programmed to suddenly be over your ex-boyfriend once a new penis inserts into your vagina. This is why in reality is is men who are the deeper lovers as we don't fall in and out of love as quickly, nor do we stop loving just because we're banging a new chick.

What Guys Said 3

• I think dating others helps alleviate the pain of a break up. Only if these dates turn out good. Not dating for a prolonged period of time is counter productive of getting over an ex.

• (If you were the one that was dumped...) I would draw the line at whether you would leave the new relationship if the person from the past relationship wanted to get back together with you. If you _would_ cut off a relationship for a past relationship, then you're emotionally unavailable for the new relationship. If nothing more, the person in the new relationship deserves to know this.

• Get closure from your ex. Make sure its all done and in the past, Before moving on.

• I don't talk to my ex. I tried to get closure from him but he wouldn't talk to me. I haven't see or heard from him in 4 months.

What Girls Said 3

• Yes it's not fair to those you would be dating.

You'd be burdening them with your baggage & leading them to think there's a possibility of a relationship when there's not...well an unhealthy relationship or rebound but most don't call that a relationship or want that

• Yes!

dating someone else while still have any sort of feelings for a previous is considered a rebound

• yes.. I think that's the right thing to do.