I analyze until I'm paralyzed, advice?

I'm a planner, always have been. With ever important action I take, I don't go forward until I have backup plans in the event X, Y, or Z happens. Turns out this doesn't work so well when trying to get close to someone. I spend so much time arguing with myself over the best way to maximize attraction and minimize humiliation that eventually I just get emotionally fried and end up doing nothing. Any advice on how to become less analytical? Thanks.

Most Helpful Girl

• Stop running the mental list of possibilities in your mind.

Deep breathing when it happens.

Daily meditation to learn to clear your mind so you can do that in situations you know you'll go wonky in.

What Girls Said 1

• Meditation.

What Guys Said 1

• In most cases I do the exact same...I tend to maximize the positive outcome for everything I do. in some situations this can be quite good, but not in the dating/flirting world. I learned, that to maximize my chances with women I have to think a lot less and just go with whatever feels right at the moment... I know it sounds hard, and I haven't quite mastered this myself, but it's a good starting tip