Would you dump a girl if she stopped kissing you?

i've been seeing this guy for a few months. I really like him but, when he tried to kiss me, I turned my face because, I'm scared to invest too much emotionally with him. I wanted him to be my boyfriend for a while but, he was saying stuff like I'm not ready... blah, blah. Now he's acting interested but, I'm afraid to be let down again.

I'm worried that because, I won't kiss him back he doesn't like me. I sent him a text, he won't answer. I think I killed it. Would you dump a girl over this?

Thanks for your responses. We've been intimate several times, I wanted more from the relationship and he fed me the classic "I'm not ready..." this is why I felt a shift within myself.

We've talked since I started this post and he still wants to be with me but, still doing this ridiculous dance. It's best for me to move on. I can't afford to be hurt and keep "giving the mild away for free". Thanks again for your input.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, you killed it dead. He likely went off to find a woman who was capable of being emotionally responsive and willing to give as well as take. I would drop you like a bad habit. A few months, you say, and you haven't even kissed the guy? He has to be your boyfriend before you will kiss him! How does he get to be your boyfriend then? And... to top it all off, you want a boyfriend but you are afraid to be emotionally involved . .You are playing games with him!

Go back to playing with your Ken doll. You won't have to kiss him, you can call him your boyfriend, and there won't be any emotional involvement. And he won't answer your texts either! Perfect! Not as satisfying as a real relationship with a live human being, I'd wager though..

• We've been intimate several times. Things cooled off because, we weren't progressing in the relationship. I wanted to be more and he claimed he wasn't ready for a relationship. By the way, we've talked since then.

What Guys Said 6

• i would think she doesn't like me.. so in a sense yeah I would go after someone else

• uhhhhh yeah.

• you killed it! come on why do you act so confused all the time, you're supposed to be a dating expert.. I'm disappointed :\

• YES

• Yeah, I have done. Its just she never started...

• Only a total insecure shell of a boy will stick around for that.

• That's what I thought

What Girls Said 1

• The only way to deal with this one is total honesty,tell him exactly what you've just said.He may thing you've gone off him because you don't want to kiss him so you have to explain the real reason

• I guess only another female would understand what I was saying. We've chatted since I started this post. I'm not ready to put myself out there with this guy if he wants to keep it casual. I wasn't playing a game, I just felt different. Maybe, it's time to move on.