Would you date a person with divorced parents/broken families?

Would you date, get in a relationship, or get married with a person whose parents are divorced, or would it be a deal breaker? My parents are divorced(although they remarried later) and I've heard that it is harder for people with divorced parents to get in serious relationships or get married :/

Most Helpful Guy

• if I were to get into relationships or whatever them being divorced would be better I think... because that's something we share and plus people who have divorced parents, or were adopted typically have similar psychological problems and can help each other out... every person in my family (not kids of course) has been divorced at least once in their life

What Guys Said 3

• Who would give a rat's ass about that? You're dating the person, not their parents.

• I would consider it a flaw, but I would also consider the circumstances of the divorce.

Anything outside of infidelity is not grounds for divorce.

Also, divorces breed divorces and parents are examples for their children.

Marriage is for better and worse.

It would teach the child that its OK to get one.

Also, later on there massive implications.

If we marry, my identity and her identity become tangled and then her stepparents stealing her identity would destroy my life too.

• Um...I come from a broken home but still happen to be family orientated and have traditional values so, I don't see what your getting at?

What Girls Said 3

• I'm personally attracted to it. Since I, myself have come from divorced parents and experienced life's struggles.

I've dated guys with both parents, lots of money, good grades, and never had a job in their life and I hated them for that because I'd be stressing out about things, and when they'd try to calm me down I would get irritated because they didn't know what they were talking about or why it bothered me so much.

• Whether someone's parents are together or not won't affect your relationship with a person unless you let it. If you go into a relationship with a negative attitude about splitting up, chances are the relationship will end. You/your boyfriend/girlfriend create your own circumstances and decide your own future. The parents made their own situation, it won't directly affect you unless you let it.

• i don't see why anyone would judge anyone based on whether or not their parents are together. you're dating them for them, not for their family background