My boyfriend says kissing is boring?

My boyfriend told me that kissing and making out is boring but I'm only 16 and I don't know if I'm ready to go much farther than that. What can I do to make it less boring?

Most Helpful Guy

• hey if you don't wanna go further, don't go further

sounds like he's trying to put the full court press on you to get what he wants, but in my experience it always makes the girl have lower self-esteem and usually ruins the relationship by either: a) making her obsessed with the guy because she wants to subconsciously force it to work so she doesn't feel used or b) ends up resenting him for not waiting for the right time

it's nice to hear that someone at such a young age still holds out. hearing all this business about kids becoming sexually active at younger ages just makes me not want to have daughters.

keep holding off until you feel confident enough to go further. I'm not even a conservative person either, but I do think that some people (guys and girls) can be pretty convincing so you gotta stick to your guns. It's got way more positive effects on your personality than the alternative

Personally, I think kissing combined with heavy petting is AWESOME. Just reminds me of high school behind the blue hall stairs hahah

What Guys Said 9

• tough situation. I went from cheek kisses to sexual extremes in the bedroom all when I was 17. I wasn't ready to play before then, but when I was, lol, I competed in the olympics lmao. so for me, I went 0-60 pretty fast. He's a guy. his hormones are raging and so are yours, your just thinking with your brain he thinks with...well, something else lol. You have to convey your wants to him as well. tell him you want to take it to the next level (whatever that is, in your case...) but that your not ready yet. he will do one of two things. 1. cut it off with you and date someone that's submissive enough to do what he wants. or, 2. respect your wishes and hold off until your ready. In today's society sex is everywhere in the US. even more so in europe. I lived there for 2 yrs, and it was rediculous. so would I say its unreasonable for a guy to wait until his girlfriend is ready? no def not, but, that doesn't mean he will. also, all his friends are probably getting laid and he wants to as well. I would suggest telling him your worth waiting for and that it won't be forever. also I would say from a general sexually active guy that 4 or 5 months is enough time with someone to tell whether you want to escalate in sexuality. you should at least by then know whether or not he is someone you would have sex with. If so, go for it (protectively of course) if he's not the one, then end it and find someone who cares about you and isn't quite as demanding. bottom line: if your not ready, to do it, dont. he wants sex, its natural. As far as other activities lol, you need to connect with him on as many other levels as possible. if you don't plan on having sex with him, don't lead him. break it off immediately : ) good luck

• He doesn't think it's boring. He's just trying to put pressure on you to take things further without actually putting direct pressure on you. It's conniving and deceptive. Those are the things I used to do when I was around your age and I look back and always think, dam I was an a**hole. I got into allot of pants by applying indirect peer pressure.

• oh and don't be a sucker for the "i love you" crap. After a month I used to tell every girl I loved her. Makes them feel special and after that you've got them hooked. Love doesn't happen when your a teen. Emotional stability is a necessity for love and you won't get that until your early 20's.

• yes. kissing is boring. I much prefer hugging. as for making it better- vary it up a bit, tongue, or where you kiss. yep yep yep.

• He just wants sex I've seen this happen dozens of times. Don't do it if you aren't ready and dump him if he tries to force you...

• There's nothing wrong with kissing, he's just trying to press his advantage and take things farther.

• nothing really if he wants to go farther then you should either go further or dump him or tell him that you don't want to go any further see how he reacts

• Go out more often with him, hang out, do something besides just sitting there and kissing for an hour or two. He obviously wants sex, but he IS NOT taking advantage of you. If he were, he would have raped you by now, be fortunate you have a boyfriend nice enough to ask you in a subtle way if you are ready to move on to more intimate things.

• He's just saying that because he wants a hj/bj. Just give it to him. Why act like a dork?

• Kissing is boring and disgusting. Sex is much better, try it!

What Girls Said 1

• Feel him up while your making out or maybe sit on him and makeout?