Was I an idiot, and was this guy just an a**hole?

Reply I was with a guy unofficially for 5 months, before we even had sex. We would hang out all the time, he would make me dinner, and just act like he enjoyed hanging out with me. I thought he genuinely liked me. (btw this is while I was in Europe, he is from Spain) I have no idea if Spanish men are just different and they will wait out just to get what they want.

Anyways...now that I'm back in America, he doesn't talk to me anymore, and every time I try its very short. He said that he really liked me all the time, but I don't understand why he has no interest in even keeping contact. Also, pics of him and this other girl popped up on my news feed the other day. This girl from the country we went abroad in VISITED him in Spain. I don't know who this girl is, but it's def someone he met while abroad (aka while I was with him). So I'm starting to think I was never really that special. I don't know what do you guys think? Do you think I got played and he never cared?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's actually the other way around, you're the a**hole and he was the idiot.

What Guys Said 2

• it was a fling, he knew that and probably thought you did too...

• He doesn't like you enough to spend the effort to really stay in contact with you. He's taking whatever he can easily get. He may have cared, but it wasn't much.

What Girls Said 2

• Sorry to say this, but I think you got played. I mean he flirted with that girl while you were with him! He more than likely isn't interested in keeping in touch because he has nothing to gain from it anymore.

• One night stand. Exactly why girls should have some respect for their body... he played you and now thinks is the king.