How do guys feel about dating women with kids?

My friend is dating this girl who has 1 kid and I'm like ummm? I would think it feels kinda weird.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't like it. I could go on and on about why. She's have to be an unusually good match for me to compromise. And they all think they're the exception to the rule.

What Girls Said 2

• Well, maybe he is into her? I am a single mom and I find it kind of awkward to date men because I have two children. It's not like he is going to be the kid's step father right out the gate or something. I guess it would take a lot of understanding and the person would have to be special.

• So do you think that the guy your dating would kind of have a hard time adJusting to the fact that he will be supporting some other guys kids and not his own?

• well I think its great that you are a successful mom. I think that women with kids are more mature than women without kids. I always thought about dating a women with one kid. But like a lot of other men, I admit, I am afraid of putting myself in that kind of situation.

• Ya, I hear you. It's difficult because you are dealing with more than one person. I just recently gave up on dating because it's too hard. I feel like I get grouped into this group of single moms who are just trying to look for someone to support them. Which is a total myth. It is hard for a single mom to date too because in the back of their mind they are thinking, oh this guy who I like will leave me for a single woman with no kids in a heart beat. I know that's what I though when I was dating

• Honestly, I think most men are shallow when it comes to this subject. The main problem, I think is that men who do not have children of their own tend to want to much and it is often times difficult for the "Good" single mother to have spontenaety and devote all her time to a man, So she needs a mature, understanding man that is somewhat ready to settle down and not make her feel "small" for being a single mother. If the man is a partier or immature then the women should stay away from them anyway. Not good for the child(ren).

Believe it or not, all men are haters to everything except their own blood.

• This comment seems really bitter. I do not think all men are 'haters to everything except their own blood' I can say as a single mom, I would find myself hesitant to date a single dad. I am just playing devil's advocate but it's hard to be with someone who has children and a baby mama etc. It does take maturity and understanding. And there are a lot of men who will do it. It just is scary I'm sure to have no kids then BOOM one kid who they didn't raise etc. Again I am playing devil's advocate.

• Not everything you disagree with is shallow lol

A guy is not shallow for choosing to reject the complex situation single mothers tend to bring into the lives of men.

• not true! I love this girl for 2 years 2months until she cheated on me, got pregnant, and just got married today. this happened within a 3-4month time frame this year. She just got every single mother out there a bad look.

What Guys Said 6

• Well Single mom's and dad's are in the same boat. Both gotta find a partner who is ready of taking care of the kid which is hard.I think if the guy really likes her and his ready of taking care of a kid then he will date her, assuming he likes her alot. At my age I would not date a girl with a kid.

• "I don't like it. I could go on and on about why. She's have to be an unusually good match for me to compromise. And they all think they're the exception to the rule."

- Christian 2724

Couldn't have said it better myself. I vote his comment for BA!

• To be perfectly honest, I'm not crazy about the idea, but I'm not saying I wouldn't do it. If someone really meant a lot to me, I would look past it.

• Idk I kind of want her kids to be mine and mine alone plus a third party in our relationship (the father of those kids) would kind of suck... I guess if I cared about her enough I would do it but I really wanna try not to

• that does make a lot of since. It would be hard to imagine some other guy calling your girlfriend on the regular, and his reason " " is because of the kid " ", I'm sure that deep down since they do have a kid together, it is still some kind of feeling towards one another.

• i don't think I would do that

• its good to date then as they have more experience in everything and they are wild...