Why text me now when he's had a million chances to do so before?

me and one of my really good friends got drunk and had sex a couple months ago. he didn't talk to me or anything after. I had to finally call him. We talked about it and both wanted to put it behind us and pretend it never happened. I called him like twice after that to see if he wanted to hang out but he just ignored me. then yesterday out of the blue he texted me. just a little "hi." so my question is why text me now when he's had a million chances to do so before?

What Guys Said 1

• You never know he might have really liked you so couldn't bare the thought I getting so close yet so far. By texting hi I think it means he wants to stay friends but at a distance till it's all forgotten.

What Girls Said 1

• maybe he needed time ! guys sometimes need space especially after stuff like what happened between you to .. just send him a little hi back ans see where it goes