Is telling someone your feelings over text as bad for girls to do as it is guys?

So everyone knows that texting is not the best the way to tell a girl you like her. I was just wondering if it's just as bad for a girl to tell a guy that she likes him over text.

I was just thinking that guys are already "expected" to be the ones to take that leap first, so if a girl decides to do it, can she get off the hook a little bit and do it over text message?

Thanks to any and all who answer!

Most Helpful Guy

• Well that might deter me a little bit but I would still be flattered as hell

What Guys Said 4

• Even as a guy, I'd still appreciate it more and think it's more special if the girl told me in person. I just think there should be some equal grounds in that still, giving someone enough importance to be able to say things face to face, even if the guy would definitely be happy either way...

• I agree that it's more special face to face, I definitely wouldn't tell someone that over text message because I feel like it doesn't mean as much. I was just wondering if the idea of an acceptable way to tell someone changes between the genders.

• I don't think a girl should ever ask a guy out or initiate it in anyway unless she likes one night stands and booty calls. Because that's all it will ever be if you decide to go that route. How can a guy respect a girl who throws herself at him?

• I disagree, having the confidence to express your feelings does not necessarily mean you're "throwing yourself at him". Just laying the cards down on the table is all, so that he knows what his options are.

• Have fun with your one night stands then. Relationships are more complex than you realize.

• what a cynic

• You get left hanging over text, I learnt the hard way

• No! (Don't use text for initially telling someone your feelings.) Text messages are for planning and replanning on the fly the moments where you meet up and are together. (Using it to reitterate already expressed feelings is okay, IMO though.)

What Girls Said 1

• No not over text! That's horrible..then when you see him it will be suuuuper awkward..in person you get to see how the person reacts..you get more out of it