Are you picky when it comes to choosing who you'd date or not really?

Basically all I would require is funny, attractive, and not a bitch and I'm good to go. lol

Most Helpful Guy

• "Basically all I would require is funny, attractive, and not a bitch"

Forget funny. I'd be happy with just attractive and not a bitch.

What Girls Said 10

• Yeah I'm pretty picky. It depends on what the relationship between us is. If it's just for a date, I'm less picky than if it were for committing in a relationship. But overall there are a few traits I require in every guy I date, the rest just depend on him and if the chemistry is there.

• "But overall there are a few traits I require in every guy I date"

What are those traits?

• Yep. My ex was so very wrong for me. After going through hell with him for over two years I decided I wouldn't settle for anything less than exactly what I wanted, because I wanted to have the best relationship possible. So while I was single again and casually dating I started coming up with a list of what I was looking for. Things I needed, things I wanted but didn't necessarily need, and things that were deal breakers. And about 8 months later I found a guy who was absolutely perfect for me, he had everything I was looking for. The funny thing is he was right in front of my face for nine years but we never actually got to know each other until recently. We've been together for about six months now and things have been going amazingly :)

• To clarify, I was picky with who I "dated," I was picky with who I chose to be in a relationship with. It was through dating people that I got to see what they were like and decide whether or not they were what I was looking for.

• Did your ex have a different sense of humor or no sense of humor?

• Different. He had a very cocky sense of humor. It was really annoying to me lol

• i'm very picky but not picky at the same time.

my list is long but as soon as I find someone attractive non of it matters, but I'm sure it does matter when it comes to a long term relationship. or maybe because of my long list, no one seems to be good enough and I just don't find them as more than friends.

religion is important, my parents won't let me go out with non christian, must be flipping clever, I cannot handle nonsense from people especially if someone doesn't even know what he's talking about but acts like he knows everything, I see no logic. he must have manners, dignity, humour, generosity, but be able to have fun, not boring, doesn't get angry easily, no bad habits (HUGE TURNOFF!) - if I see bad habits like 3 times, the more I see the more I wanna be away from him. good background and work hard in everything he does, good at SPORTS, play INSTRUMENT. etc etc etc I can go on forever. LOL

• Yes, I need someone who's really good looking, muscular, able to deal with whatever bullsh*t I dish out, and they have to be outgoing, have a sense of humor, and a large circle of friends.

• I'm very picky when it comes to people In date, if there's no potential for a long-term relationship I'm not interested at all.

• I wouldn't say I'm picky :D But I'm not completely carefree- I'd say I'm in the middle :)

• Very picky. He has to be a gentleman; otherwise, he's out!

• No, I'm not.

• Yes. I don't date someone unless I know that he has potential to be a long term thing

• What determines his potential to be a long term thing?

• chemistry. when you find someone you should be with, you feel that chemistry right off the bat

• Isn't it a little picky to require attractive though? Ur the first to say that your unattracitve.

• No, why would it be? Who dates an unattractive person?

• Yeah it sucks, but I figure after about a month it won't be so bad.

• After a month it'll become a lot easier. Things become habit in 30 days so I read.

What Guys Said 4

• It's important to narrow the pool down some. A lot of girls are those three things you mentioned so if you have that many to choose from, you'll get stuck. An important aspect of relationships that I don't think is talked about a lot is compatibility. Do they guy and girl support and respect each other? Do they have similiar belief systems? Do they want the same things from the relationship? Do they get along with each others' friends and families? These, among others, are things you should probably think about.

• sort of

• Yes, I've found having low standards leads to sh*tty relationships.

• Yeah, I'm kind of picky when it comes to people I continue to date and eventually get in relationships with.