Why do guys just stop responding to texts?

i feel like so many of my guy friends just stop responding randomly! and sometimes they had even texted me first and they just disappear. I don't get it. why do they do this?

Most Helpful Guy

• Its depressing in a way, to realize that we are sorta expected to carry a phone everywhere, and be able to communicate on it mostly all the time. Furthermore, when you have someone you're talking to, its weird to think that there is rarely an excuse valid to not have to talk to them. Sometimes its nice to not be reached.

Nothing personal or ignoring, its just easy to forget to text back. For me, anyway. I try to do other stuff

What Guys Said 3

• Sometimes the reason I do it is because I don't have my phone on me. Like I might be upstairs and then I get called downstairs and stay there. Since I am usually just in shorts at the house I tend to not take it with because most of my shorts don't have pockets. Also, guys don't like to text as much and tend to keep things short.

• Maybe they got wrapped up in something else? Guys don't take texting as seriously as girls do, if you'll permit the generalization.

• We just don't want to text anymore or we forget. Simple as that.

What Girls Said 2

• I wonder this too! I think it's because guys don't overthink texts like girls do...like if I'm going to text a guy, I consult friends, and really think it through. I think guys just get bored and text someone and then get bored or get onto something else and leave. Annoying but it happens to me all the time. And I don't think it's necessarily negative because this one guy will do it (leave) but then text me a couple days later...I just kind of except it. It's nice in the way that it's really casual and stress-free

• This happens to me too. Maybe they get distracted? xD;