I signed up on okcupid but so far not a whole lot of luck... anything I can do?

I signed up over a month ago and still not a whole lot. I just got an email from a girl that would be promising but it didn't seem to go very far. She basically said "hey nick, your sexy. I'm the naughty type" (referencing something on my profile about how I normally go for the nice girls but the naughty type could be interesting too) But how do I respond to that?

Also if you want to be super helpful any tips to make my page seem more presentable? I tried to present myself accurately but sometimes its hard to do online. So any changes you would make?

ALSO IF WE WERE IN THE SAME CITY, and you were "looking" would you send me an email? would you respond? I'm good at the dating part but I SUCK at the preliminary stuff.

link

Most Helpful Girl

• I was on an online dating site for 7 months before I was contacted by my now boyfriend of half a year.

Sometimes things don't click right away. Sometimes things never really work out with online dating.

What I suggest, and what really worked for me was ask a question in your profile. Usually people like a challenge and will respond simply to try to answer it. I know it sounds strange, but it's a really great icebreaker and it helps to see if the people who are contacting you are actually reading your profile.

If you're looking for a serious relationship, put some interesting things about you in your profile, but don't give away everything. Also, outline some of the do's and don'ts about exactly what you're looking for. Put something that you aspire to do or to be one day in there too, girls (well most of them) are looking for someone who has a plan for the future if they're serious about finding a relationship. For example, "I like fixing cars but one day I really hope to become a chef."

Once you get talking to someone that you're sort of interested in, I suggest asking questions like, "can you give me 6 facts about yourself that aren't in your profile?" I found that one really worked out well and that's how I realized I clicked with my boyfriend.

I wish you luck! The online dating game is really hit and miss, but sometimes it's really worth it. :)

What Girls Said 3

• It sounds like you're waiting for them to email you, I highly suggest you email them first. Search the girls in your area and go for it. Just like approaching girls in public, the internet is no different when it comes to most girls wanting to be approached first.

• The ones who give you a one line message/reply aren't looking for a date...they're looking for cybering or a one night stand...or they're not who they say they are.

Similarly, if YOUR profile is sparse...girls are gonna flee from it. If you don't care enough to put a little effort into your own profile then obviously you're not going to put effort into meeting up with them and having a good date.

• cybering?

• Sex Chatting? Am I old? D= Is there a new word for that now?

• oh. not that I know of.. I mean sexting? maybe.. I guess I just don't really do that so :/

• online dating is shady, don't put too much stock to it

What Guys Said 2

• You can always respond with, "Oh really? How naughty are you? Should I get my paddle out?" Something flirtatious like that would make things interesting. There's a list of guys who are similar to you; thus, you have competition. How do you separate yourself? a shirtless picture, which your competition do not have. You also have to be more aggressive. Try contacting some older women because their biological clock is ticking.

• nope all you can do is wait.