Do you think internet dating is embarrassing?

I don't want to try it because I'm scared that someone I know in real life might find out & it would be really embarrassing, because internet dating seems kind of sad & desperate don't you think? but I am those things because I've never had a boyfriend & I'm 21 lol.

Most Helpful Guy

• If you do it right and write enough about yourself in your profile, and search and fully read others' profiles, every now and then lightning will strike and you can meet an amazing person that has some deep compatibilities that you never expected to find. It can take some time though. It took me about 5 years to get my first lightning strike.

Internet dating with a verbose profile allows you to cut through all the basics that you repeat over and over to people you'd meet in a bar setting, and gives you access to a wider pool of people than you usually get from networking with firends.

What Guys Said 1

• It's better than nothing.

What Girls Said 4

• In this day and age, all of us pretty much live on the internet. Use it to keep it touch with it ppl, social with people and meet new ppl. So, meeting some1 via the internet isn't as big of a deal anymore. If you happen to meet some1 you rele like (and theyre not a creeper lol) online, don't be embarassed about it.

• I don't think it is embarrassing. It is just another way of meeting people and on there you know what everyone's motive is. They are there to get to know and meet potential partners. It is nothing to be ashamed of.

• but why is it embarrassing? what's the difference between online dating and bumping into someone at starbucks? both are strangers you don't know that you just met

• I think ALL dating is embarrassing. O_O

I don't think internet dating is sad at all. I think it's a very smart way to weed out people you know you wouldn't go out with. If you start out with a new person know (or at least having a very good idea) what they're into and whether or not they have any of your 'deal breakers' (smoking/drinking in my case) then you have a greater chance of finding the right fit. =)