Would you date a girl in her early 20's (lets say 21). Why or why not?
How would dating a younger girl be challenging?
Are there any differences in dating styles between a guy in his 20's and a guy in his 30's?
For instance: I'm used to guys who text me constantly and are always trying to find out what I'm doing. Also, all of my past relationships have been rather serious.
Also, Could you picture yourself getting serious with a younger girl or would it just be a casual fling type of situation?
I ask this because I am quite interested in a man that is in his late 30's. I believe that he is attracted to me and we have excellent conversations in person. He's not great with texting though.
What are some things I could do to show this man that I'm seriously interested in him? (other than flirting which I do constantly)
Most Helpful Guy
I've dated PLENTY of younger girls and the things that were annoying to me were...
1) Too hyper... always being loud and obnoxious when in public.. this included screaming with delight at the stupidest things, laughing too much, or just being overly expressive. This isn't all young girls, just a few I dated.
Have fun and be yourself, obviously, just don't be obnoxious about being seen and heard.
2) Too needy. It seems that as a girl moves into her 30's she tends to be more career focused and simply less needy for attention and approval. I found the girls still in college tended to be too selfish and needy and insecure compared to their older counterparts. At first this is kind of attractive, but then it becomes boring and exhausting. This includes needing to hang out every night of the week. Until we're an item I won't see you more than a few times a week... I'm too busy, and don' t be upset about it.
3) Too much drama. For some reason the younger girls always wanted to get upset over the tiniest missteps of their friends or family. Don't bring up everything that's ever upset you when you're with your man... don't smother him with daily complaints or hysterics... save that for your girlfriends. :)
4) Too many games. This might be the same as too much drama, but I found the younger girls always trying to do and say things to "test" me. Like needing to tell me about all the drunk guys who were trying to get them home from the bar last weekend, hoping I'll get jealous or upset, or something. Don't bother, I don't care. I trust you or I don't. If I don't we wouldn't be dating.
5) Too many weekends spent getting completely drunk with the girls at the clubs. This sounds like an old man complaint, but that's because it is. I'm an old man I guess. But when I'm dating a girl I'm really into I just can't relate to hearing about how drunk she got the night before and how sick she feels on our date. Boring.
Now, after all that I still LOVE women of all ages, so don't let this slow you down...
In your case, as the young girl interested in the older guy, I would say this...
Keep it simple. Flirt and have fun but also be serious sometimes, and share REAL stories and secrets hopes and dreams. We older guys love younger girls because they're not jaded yet, and they're full of life and hope and dreams.
Don't smother him with text messages or emails or phone calls and don't get upset when he doesn't return them right away. He's busy. He's not trying to upset you.
Don't get jealous of his other female friends. Guys hate that.
Don't be too available.
Don't be drunk all the time.
Don't test him with fake stories.
Just be sweet, cute, honest, and fun.
He'll take care of the rest.
Hope this helps,
My Blog ( link )2