Does a persons job effect weather or not you would date them?

Everyone I'm looking for honest answers. Like say you meet someone you thought was sexy and you totaly connect with but you find out they have a job like a janitor. How important is someones job/career to you when getting to know them?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd probably avoid dating someone who worked evenings / nights - in my limited experience, it's just not worth it when you hardly get to see them, and even then they're tired and cranky.

Apart from that it's not a big deal to me. Your job isn't who you are, it's just what you do to pay the bills - being a janitor doesn't mean you're not ambitious, it just means your ambitions lie outside the workplace (honestly, I think it's pretty pathetic if your main ambition in life is just to make a lot of money).

What Girls Said 6

• Does a persons job effect weather or not you would date them? Yes it affects whether I'll casually date them or seriously date them

How important is someones job/career to you when getting to know them? Very important

• It depends.Its not greatly important UNLESS they aspire to work at Mcdonalds making $7.50 for the rest of their life...THEN I would have a problem.

• I would never not date someone based on their career, as long as they have a career that shows me that they are not lazy which is a good thing

• Well, it's a little important to me, but not because of the money issue. I like a guy with goals and ambition to achieve something more than a job he probably hates. Plus, I can't help but be "drawn" to guys with certain jobs more than others, especially those that are interesting to me.

The MOST important thing is that he's not miserable at his job, though.

• I don't mind it if we're dating. But let's be real, I would want a guy to provide for me, as in a good career... but at the same time, that "love" should solve all of it

• If it's a job and the man is pursuing something else then it isn't important. If his career is in sanitation or something along the lines then no, I wouldn't date him. Those aren't goals and I think long term, I need security.

I know I'm going to get many thumbs down.

What Guys Said 5

• it's not so much the job they have that I'd worry about but there ability to keep that job. my ex went through job after job and always seemed to find a way to blame someone else for the problems. it pissed me off quite a bit as I like stability in that aspect of a relationship and she definitely didn't keep her end of it.

• No way! I'd say a person's spelling and punctuation would affect whether I'd date them or not.

• or course it matters people that say otherwise are either stupid or lying

• No education, dead end job would be really bad.

The other redeeming qualities would have to be proportionally greater...

Also, beauty doesn't last forever.

• Not really unless she was a hooker or a stripper.