He kissed me good-bye... on the cheek?

I went on a couple of dates with this guy a month ago. A the end of the first date we kissed and made out a little bit, and by the end of the second date things had gotten waaayyy to far. I ended up spending the night at his house and we almost had sex, but I told him I wasn't ready to sleep with him yet. It took him forever to ask me out again and he finally asked me to see a movie. Last night was the first time that I've seen him in a month and some of his friends were having a get together so we were going to stop by before the movie and ended up not leaving the gathering. It was a lot fun, but when I dropped him off he gave me a hug and kissed me on the cheek. Is he not that into me? or being respectful?

Most Helpful Girl

• Is he not that into me? He could have lost interest since it took him such a long time to ask you out again..not sure why you didn't just ask him out...

or being respectful?

He could be slowing it down since you told him you weren't ready for sex.

Sexual actions in most cases don't collide with respect. A guy can treat you like he did you and still have no respect for you while a guy can sleep with you on the first date and have respect for you.

What Guys Said 1

• he was just being respectful and probably didn't know what was appropriate so he went for a safe kiss on the cheek. he's probably into you but you need to show him that you're into him since you're the one who turned him down on the sex.

What Girls Said 2

• I have two takes on this.

The nice take would be : He felt bad for rushing into things, and decided to take things slow by kissing you on the cheek. He didn't like to sound disrespectful and so took things on a significantly slower pace.

The cynical take would be : When you rejected him, he went looking for sex in other places. He's not interested anymore.

No one which is it, since I don't know much about the guy and how he acts around you.

• He was being nice, he probalby thought a kiss on the lips was taking too far since you too haven't went out much.