I'm scared to talk to him online?

he's not my boyfriend, but we both want to date and we're trying to find out if things will work between us. he's usually the person to start the conversation, but it takes awhile before he does. probably about 30-60 minutes after I logged on. we've been talking a lot over the past week and I started the conversation once.. the reason I wait for him to talk to me is because I don't want to disturb him or annoy him. I'd rather wait for him to talk to me, because then I know it's okay for me to talk. I know this is stupid, because no one wants to be the person to come up to someone every time. I mean, if I'd have to strike up a conversation with someone every time I'd like it if that person would come up to me first.

do I just..talk to him? I will online talk to people when they're 'online' so I will not talk if they're 'away' or 'busy' or whatever so I guess you can say it's safe to talk, but I'm still scared that I will annoy him or that he will ignore me.

Most Helpful Guy

• That's exactly how I feel about some girls online. Maybe it wouldn't hurt to talk to him first. If he doesn't respond then..oh well.

What Guys Said 1

• i say don't talk to him at all. Get out and talk to boys your own age that live near you, if your nervous about the guy online, and you don't even see him. that may cause problems later in life with being antisocial.

What Girls Said 1

• you need to get over that fear and just say hi. if he was busy, why would he be online?