When should I call this girl back?

asked this girl out last night to meet up today and haven't heard from her yet. I left a message. Should I call her later today?

I have known this girl for a while (since middle school) we are 23 now. We hadn't been in touch since we went to different colleges but have resumed contact. We hung out a few months ago and there was a lot of sexual tension but she had a boyfriend at the time. We have been busy since. I heard she broke up with her BF.

I texted her making light convo a week ago. and I called here last night saying "I am going to be hanging out with my friend at 4; I'll be at this lounge at 6; it is a cool hookah bar that I have been wanting to check out; you can come" so meet me at 6.

I didn't want to "ask" as that gives her the chance to think about it and possibly say no (girls can be random even if they want to meet you). Also being direct, in my experience, makes one seem more confident and mysterious so to speak, haha.

I wish I had gotten her on the phone though. I want to call her back today to make convo, etc. Is that a good move? I had kinda been direct so I don't want to seem like I am too eager yet I want to get feedback from her if I do not hear from her.

Is it bad to call a few times today at most and then try back on Friday, etc.? I haven't been in touch for a while, so I think persistence is imnportant. I don't wanna text or email.

i wanna go for it

Most Helpful Girl

• well sometimes a guy can think that a girl likes them just because she is being nice. I am a pretty attractive person but am nice to everybody from the potbellied guy at the gas station to the cutest guy ever and it confuses almost everyone. I have been nice to guys that I harbored no intention of going out with and they ended up asking me out even if they are quite out of my league so to speak. I'm not a conceited person or think that I'm so beautiful of anything but it is just the way it has always been. what I'm trying to get at is that if I really like a guy I won't go out and tell him because I am too afraid in general to be that bold. but what I will do is be in places where he is. I liked this guy at the grocery store once and I would always go shopping with my mother for no real reason like every day. I could tell he liked me and I liked him too, so the other day I went without my mom and we ended up exchanging numbers. if you really still think that this girl likes you even if she says that she is too busy all the time then you must be a pretty confident guy, because most guys would take the hint early on. I just don't want you to get hurt with this girl.

What Girls Said 4

• As much as I want to say that chasing long enough doesn't work, it sometimes does. Don't push it too hard if you haven't gotten an indication that she's interested. But with two guys that I had shown some interest in and then played hard to get, the more they chased the more interested I became.

• um. I don't think you should call her so often, I understand you guys have a lot of catching up to do, but she might think that your too clingy, and whatever it is that your looking for with her, you may just end up ruining it by being too clingy.

now if you want to contact her on something other than txt or email, just call her in a few days. maybe in 2 or 3 days, and ask her out for lunch, or for coffee, something "chill" make sure its not something too "date-ish" when you ask her be like you know just to talk or w.e, don't be too forward. Remember that just because you knew her back in middle-school, doesn't mean you know her now. People change so much!

anyways the best of luck :)

• dont keep calling her. although the rumor is that a guy can get with a girl if he chases her long enough,but the fact is that they only want to be chased by guys they actually like. it sounds like this girl isn't really interested in you. girls that really like a guy want to be near them all the time, not avoid them. if she doesn't answer your next call then give it up and find somebody better.

• I think this girl does like me; not 100% sure but she legitamately was busy over the last few months, as was i; don't girls not want to seem to agreeable to make themselves seem desirable?

• Go for it a girl worries when you don't call them. Only call her like 2 times the first time if she doesn't pick up then wait like 2 hours and then call her back. If you don't call her she might think that she did something wrong.

What Guys Said 2

• Let me know how this turns out man I am kind of in the same situation, I went the other way and emailed her. I wish I didn't. I think you should wait a bit, and ask again to another get together. Or if you really want to be more direct ask her like when you are having a light convo just say hey I'm hungry do you want to have dinner or eat with me.

• did she turn up?