What do white men look for when dating black women?

I'm a black woman that has gone on several dates with white men and I just don't understand what they are looking for, don't get me wrong I have dated men of all races just my preference is white men. But when I meet someone and we get together...I can't tell if he really likes me or just using me for a test or is just plain curious.

Most Helpful Guy

• I look for the same qualities I look for in any woman. I don't hold black woman up to different standards.. All women are women to me.

What Guys Said 5

• I've never dated a black girl but I would if I found her attractive physically and mentally.

First the mental aspect since that is where 99% of black girls fail to meet my requirements. The "gangsta" personality and slang/language just irks me like crazy. White women sometimes display this trait as well and it has the same effect, leave the ghetto bullsh*t out of the picture.

Physical appearance my requirements are no different than a white girl, though if your skin tone is extremely dark it may work for you or against you with me. I can't really explain it but some girls who have an extremely dark complection I find either particurally attractive or less attractive, but I'm not sure what it is that makes dark girl A prettier than dark girl B.

*shrug*

• first off 99% my ass

i hate when white men like you come up with a percentage about black women and you most likely have only met a few. just because I person is from an urban area doesn't mean you should judge them and it doesn't make then ghetto either. I think being an a**hole is worse then being ghetto. everybody speaks slang. no matter where you go. white people don't walk around speaking proper english all the time so stop acting like yall do. and dark skin is beautiful pasty skin eeew!

• @nubianqueensc, I grew up in Boston, moved to Washington DC and now reside in Philadelphia. I've met quite a few black women and only a very small percentage of them do not carry the ghetto persona. I've found many of them very attractive to the eye, but to the ear, not so much.

Yes, everybody uses slang but are you really trying to tell me that general slang is as bad as gangbanger slang? If so, move on.

• what the hell is ghetto slang? just because black girls don't talk like a sterotypical white girl doesn't make us ghetto. everybody always assume that black people R from the ghetto. can I act proper? yes but only if I need 2 like at a job interview. but if I am with my girlfriends or around my family Y in the hell would I act like I have a stick up my butt. valley talk is improper as well but nobody calls kesha ghetto. white men have flaws 2 but nobody points it out. a lot of white men can b a**holes

• It's no different that what we want to see in a white woman. Pretty, sexy, feminine, fun, intelligent, interesting, respectful, caring... the only real differences are a. physical traits and b. cultural differences.

The cultural thing is where you can run into trouble. There can be radically different expectations and ways of behaving that may make interracial dating more difficult than you might expect.

• Usually if a guy wants to date you there is physical attraction so you should assume that much. Never been anything but white myself but I'm pretty sure its the same for guys of all races. I can't imagine dating a girl as a test and just because he is hot for your bod doesn't mean he is just using you. For me, first and probably second dates are just about seeing if personalities mesh.

• No lie, I look for a fat ass, and if she can shake it.

• I look for one who is past a white culture / black culture perspective, and isn't approaching life from a victim mentality. It's the Jerry Springer stereo-type "talk to the hand" type attitude that really turns me off.

What Girls Said 6

• i like white guys too but a lot of white men think little of black women so you might want to change your "preference" or you are going to be that black girl that white guys just run through. white guys usually put black females in the group of good enough to bed but not good enough to wed. why? because its a difference between having a black f*** buddy and having a black wife. it doesn't matter how ghetto or how "white washed" a black girl acts if a white man doesn't want you...then he doesn't want you regardless. if a white guy does go after a black girl its always the ones that act like a black air head. and wears abercrombie and fitch and says OmG after everything. the black girls who try so hard to be white. I myself am not about to walk around trying to act like black malibu barbie just to please a white man. except me the way I am or deuces. I think being in a interracial relationship suppose to give you a closer look and a better understanding of another culture and if both the white and the black person act like vanilla then a white guy is not really experiencing the real black culture and what it really means to be black.

• I completely agree with you... too many people have fetishes for people of another race instead of looking at it as just another human being to date. It is very sad indeed.

• yeah like white men have for Asian females

• Depends on the white guy if he's a nerd he'd probably want a different type than a wangster

• It's not about race

• It shouldn't be about race

• It depends

• I'm going to keep it all the way real with you. Most white boys will NOT take a black woman seriously. They have less respect for us than they do women of other races. Most of them will probably just experiment with you or try to use you if they can. Only a small minority of white men will take a black woman seriously and that includes the small amount of white men who are willing to date black women period. Now don't get me wrong, there are some white guys that are openminded to black women and see us as individuals, but if you prefer white guys and focus on dating them your luck won't be so good. Don't date them by the way it lowers your stock with black men and many of them won't want to date you if they know you dated a white boy